Professional Dodgeball Coalition 2.0

Windell918

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting the first day of competition today. The match times on the schedule won't exactly line up with when the results get presented. Case in point today Im posting them in the morning despite the games being scheduled for the evening. Its all good though. Here how they will be presented each day.

AUG-22.jpg

The first few days of games only feature the PDRL with 3 games each day. These were all fairly one sided. Detroit won with the Eliminator in the first frame to send the home crowd happy. Montreal won in 3 straight sets over Omaha. Lastly NH looked to keep the home dominance up taking the first set  before falling to Orlando via the eliminator in the second set. 

AUG-22.jpg

This is how the standings will be presented through out the season. Pretty blank so far.

Here we go!

Day two.

AUG-23.jpg

A little more competitive today. Detroit looked to carry in some momentum and seem in control before losing via the eliminator in set 3 with a 2 set lead. In other action Iowa and Montreal both won by a score of 3 sets to 1.

Updated Standings:

AUG-23.jpg

27 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Quick question: how long (including the TV timeouts and breaks between sets) would a game take?

This is what's interesting. It would be unlike any other pro sport in that it can vary so much. I would imagine a two hour time slot for a full 5 set game. A solid defensive game could run over. A 1 set eliminator game may have to have reruns of Seinfeld lined up to fill a void as it could be over in a half hour. I love the unpredictability of it. 

21 hours ago, TheTalkingBrony said:

So What are the rules again?

Well, you could go to th- hold on. Are you seriously a brony? I'm sorry. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

37 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

Well, you could go to th- hold on. Are you seriously a brony? I'm sorry. 

Hey no hate on Bronys. It one of the few show my daughter watches that I truly enjoy watching with her. 

But yea the rules are laid out in the first couple pages of this thread and the original thread:

Here are the results for today:

AUG-24.jpg

A few 3-1 games today including 2 games where the home team took the first set only to have the road team storm back with 3 straight sets.

AUG-24.jpg

And here is an alt I finished up last night The Boston Gaels

Gaels-Jerseys.jpgGaels-Alt.jpg

That sounds pretty boss for the original rules, and much better with the modified, just a few comments. So you reduced the max sets from 7 to 5? I would personally keep it at 7 for more dramatic comeback, and not introduce the eliminator until the 3rd set, otherwise networks might not make about as much money screentime wise, not everypon- er I mean everybody has a DVR in their house, or can catch the game on time. It would suck to tune in after arriving from a late shift at work and find seinfeld re-runs of all things on my TV screen instead of the Alicorns whipping the Hound's flank like I expected. Also 6 hours to set up the court and decor in a big 15,000 plus seat arena for a 20-minute eliminator blowout?! I don't wanna sound harsh, but that sounds dumb, that's barely enough time to stand in line for a sonic-style chili dog. What about the big hyped-up ALL STAR GAME in atlanta, all the lights, all the glamour, all the celebs, all the scalpers (which I think is illegal in Georgia.), and all of the spectacle that makes the grand galloping gala or the stanley cup finals small in comparison, and the American Conference beats the Nationals in less time it takes to watch a standard nickelodeon show?! Let's not forget all of the people who took the time out of their day to enter an arena, wait on average of roughly 30 minutes until the game starts and the game ends via eliminator in the 1st set. To me personally, regardless of who wins, it's just a big letdown. Sure, at least the game won't be boring for 3.5 hours, but let's give the fans a little more awesome dodgeball action, give them what they paid for. Finally thanks for Two Houston teams, and the Alicorns. (You're The Best For That.) But what's with the Maine, Fargo, and Topeka teams in the PDC, and not the PDRL? I wouldn't expect a huge population or a big market for big time pro clubs in those areas, unless you plan on relocations in later seasons. If so, I suggest a Toronto team in the future for the men, 5 million plus population is a city much too large and a market much too big for toronto to only have a LPDC team in my opinion. Another Suggestion, Washington, DC. Canada's national capital has a PDC team, but DC doesn't even have a PDRL team? Once again, I love you, and this is just constructive criticism, but this is where I have no choice but to call BULL :censored:. Or at least have several neutral site games played there. What better way to play an American Sport than in America's capital, am i right? That's all I have to say, thanks for everything and #GOALICORNS!!!

13 minutes ago, TheTalkingBrony said:

That sounds pretty boss for the original rules, and much better with the modified, just a few comments. So you reduced the max sets from 7 to 5? I would personally keep it at 7 for more dramatic comeback, and not introduce the eliminator until the 3rd set, otherwise networks might not make about as much money screentime wise, not everypon- er I mean everybody has a DVR in their house, or can catch the game on time. It would suck to tune in after arriving from a late shift at work and find seinfeld re-runs of all things on my TV screen instead of the Alicorns whipping the Hound's flank like I expected. Also 6 hours to set up the court and decor in a big 15,000 plus seat arena for a 20-minute eliminator blowout?! I don't wanna sound harsh, but that sounds dumb, that's barely enough time to stand in line for a sonic-style chili dog. What about the big hyped-up ALL STAR GAME in atlanta, all the lights, all the glamour, all the celebs, all the scalpers (which I think is illegal in Georgia.), and all of the spectacle that makes the grand galloping gala or the stanley cup finals small in comparison, and the American Conference beats the Nationals in less time it takes to watch a standard nickelodeon show?! Let's not forget all of the people who took the time out of their day to enter an arena, wait on average of roughly 30 minutes until the game starts and the game ends via eliminator in the 1st set. To me personally, regardless of who wins, it's just a big letdown. Sure, at least the game won't be boring for 3.5 hours, but let's give the fans a little more awesome dodgeball action, give them what they paid for. Finally thanks for Two Houston teams, and the Alicorns. (You're The Best For That.) But what's with the Maine, Fargo, and Topeka teams in the PDC, and not the PDRL? I wouldn't expect a huge population or a big market for big time pro clubs in those areas, unless you plan on relocations in later seasons. If so, I suggest a Toronto team in the future for the men, 5 million plus population is a city much too large and a market much too big for toronto to only have a LPDC team in my opinion. Another Suggestion, Washington, DC. Canada's national capital has a PDC team, but DC doesn't even have a PDRL team? Once again, I love you, and this is just constructive criticism, but this is where I have no choice but to call BULL :censored:. Or at least have several neutral site games played there. What better way to play an American Sport than in America's capital, am i right? That's all I have to say, thanks for everything and #GOALICORNS!!!

Your point about Topeka was brought up myself. And I cited reasons for movement, but I forgot to provide something, a name change. Instead of the Topeka Twisters, how about the Wichita Whirlwind? But I've brought this point up already. It may as well be dead.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

1 hour ago, TheTalkingBrony said:

So much of what you said I really like. You may be my favorite philly on the boards. For right now Im going to stand firm on the alignment. Im happy with having smaller markets represented and that unfortunately left some bigger cities like Canterl...or uh Washington DC out. I have said before that a small expansion could happen if the leagues popularity grows. Well see.

As far as the rules of the game I hate that you brought up such good points up 3 days into the season. I want to implement the 7 games and the eliminator only after the second set. I just am not sure how to do it at this point. Ive came up with 4 options that Ill need a few votes on to help me decide how to do it. 

1. Don't change anything- just have to make this an option too

2. Rerun - Just three days in I wouldn't mind resimulating the season so far. 

3. Bonus points - Give one set to each team that has had a game played so far and just pretend it worked out that way.

4. Different league different rules. - I could make the PRDL have the old rules and the PDC and LPDC have the new rules.

(this last one is all more work for me.)

Pick one for me (votes by this evening will be considered)

1 hour ago, Windell918 said:

So much of what you said I really like. You may be my favorite philly on the boards. For right now Im going to stand firm on the alignment. Im happy with having smaller markets represented and that unfortunately left some bigger cities like Canterl...or uh Washington DC out. I have said before that a small expansion could happen if the leagues popularity grows. Well see.

As far as the rules of the game I hate that you brought up such good points up 3 days into the season. I want to implement the 7 games and the eliminator only after the second set. I just am not sure how to do it at this point. Ive came up with 4 options that Ill need a few votes on to help me decide how to do it. 

3. Bonus points - Give one set to each team that has had a game played so far and just pretend it worked out that way.

4. Different league different rules. - I could make the PRDL have the old rules and the PDC and LPDC have the new rules.

I would say go with option 2. Since its only 3 days into the PDRL season and the PDC and LPDC haven't even started their seasons yet, it would save you the work of rerunning all 3 leagues if you were say a month into all 3 leagues.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

1 hour ago, Windell918 said:

I'd go with 2. You did not start the other 2 leagues and you're only 3 out of 40? (I pulled that number out of my flank.) days in the rookie league. P.S. Philly? I suppose it's a play on filly (young female horse.) But you do know I'm a stallion, (Adult Male Horse.) right? Maybe my pic is a little off since I'm logging on with my twitter account. Also I'm from Houston. (even though I might root for Atlanta a wee bit much.)

Archived