Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logos aren't bad. I like the creativity of the primary logo, all though as others have stated, I wish the gold were more vibrant.

Also, have the jerseys been revealed by chance? The video isn't working on my laptop at the moment.

NSFCvyu.png

They even botched the language at the bottom of the logo page:

"nhl.com/goldenknights is the official Web site of the Las Vegas."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Just now, JWhiz96 said:

The logos aren't bad. I like the creativity of the primary logo, all though as others have stated, I wish the gold were more vibrant.

Also, have the jerseys been revealed by chance? The video isn't working on my laptop at the moment.

Only name and logos. No jerseys yet.

ExJworW.png

Yawn. What a bumble of a release from having nothing but a logo and no wordmark to picking such a terrible :censored:ing name. I mean, I'd prefer boring over lame, this is both of those things. Seems like Foley's team didn't think about branding because they had a building and were more concerned with other things like selling tickets figuring people would come regardless. 

I'm sure they'll get past it, not like other teams haven't had craptastic iconography but..just seems like such a low bar to hurdle and they tripped. 

Also, not sure exactly who that MC was that was hosting the event tonight but they really flubbed that too. Surely there are no shortage of showmen in Vegas who would've really done it up a notch for them. 

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Just now, fonz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

8A4A9CAC-737F-4CA9-9E1A-4635872622DC-1149-000001A3E15E5C49_tmp.png

That is one bizarre (and unattractive) shade of gray. And way too dark a logo - three darkish colors competing against one another (especially since the gold is on the dark side).

It's not a terrible logo, but it's close. Poorly designed, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

can people chill out until we've seen all wordmarks logos in .jpg form. PLUS jerseys etc. Like cmon. It's been 10 minutes.

No. Incompetence deserves to be ridiculed.

I really like the word mark.  I kinda like the secondary if only because the red helps it pop a bit.  Both of those marks represent Vegas to me.

The primary is nicely done but so bland when isolated like on the website and has no connection to Las Vegas - it's purely an homage by Foley to his background.

Archived