Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

55 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Why not just commit to the slate grey and completely remove black from the color scheme?

I know the answer is "What is Foley's West Point hard on, Alex." Still, I think it would have been a better choice.

Black is fine as an accent color.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Black is fine as an accent color.

The way the logo is set up, plus the merchandise, equals an identity where black is more dominant than slate.

Slate and Vegas gold, with brick red and white, for accents, would have been a better color scheme.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

I'm sorry, but IMO, this logo is almost Clippers - OKC bad.

The logo and team name are both amateurish. Just way too flat and poorly drawn, like something a low budget minor league team would use. 

To me it's not really Clippers or OKC bad, because they incorporated the nickname into the design. There was actual thought behind the design and incorporating the V in the negative space was a good touch. It reminds me of the Winnipeg Jets logo. Both are good ideas with poor execution.

9 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

So on the hat Foley wears, the "steel grey" looks straight-up silver.

Image result for Bill Foley hat

In the Tweet, it looks almost navy.

He looks like Will Ferrell impersonating Harry Caray.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I like the logo but it feels like a secondary logo to me. And the name sounds like a generic name from some :censored:ty Commodore 64 game. This franchise is a disaster and the Raiders possibly moving will kill them. They will be playing in :censored:ing Hartford or Saskatoon in 2 or so decades. 

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

2 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

This franchise is a disaster and the Raiders possibly moving will kill them.

How is this franchise already "a disaster"?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1 minute ago, Mockba said:

How is this franchise already "a disaster"?

Did you not watch that trainwreck unveiling last night?

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

46 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

So on the hat Foley wears, the "steel grey" looks straight-up silver.

Image result for Bill Foley hat

In the Tweet, it looks almost navy.

And in the rendering, it definitely has a muted-green-meets-black-ish vibe.

How is that possible?

Lighting and thread type make it possible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy! said:

The UNVEILING was a disaster.  The franchise still has a chance.

Didn't you know that the IT guy is also the third line LW and assistant GM? Who are they employing over there?

VmWIn6B.png

17 minutes ago, Jimmy! said:

The UNVEILING was a disaster.  The franchise still has a chance.

True, but that wasn't a good start. First impressions are still pretty important; that was a very bad first impression.

Archived