Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine. I didn't expect much going into it, and the logos are perfectly serviceable. Not all that good, not particularly bad, just OK. The colors are OK, the name is a little silly, and the reveal went horribly awry. I'm waiting for the uniforms to go into my full thoughts, but I'm expecting something blasé.

You're the first professional sports team in Las Vegas. Don't play it safe, do something "out there" with your identity. Even if it looks ridiculous, it'll at least be a sign you tried to go outside the box and have a unique look. Trying and failing is always better than never trying in the first place.

This board is where all the people who hate everything congregate. I swear, even if you saw perfection in a logo, you wouldn't know it. Is it the world's greatest logo and name? No. Is it the world's worst logo and name? No... we leave that to the Babycakes. It's a solid logo and solid name. End of story. I'd says it's probably already middle of the pack in the NHL and sports logos as a whole.

3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

You're the first professional sports team in Las Vegas. Don't play it safe, do something "out there" with your identity. Even if it looks ridiculous, it'll at least be a sign you tried to go outside the box and have a unique look. Trying and failing is always better than never trying in the first place.

Its a big business, not art class. 

4 minutes ago, oddball said:

This board is where all the people who hate everything congregate. I swear, even if you saw perfection in a logo, you wouldn't know it. Is it the world's greatest logo and name? No. Is it the world's worst logo and name? No... we leave that to the Babycakes. It's a solid logo and solid name. End of story. I'd says it's probably already middle of the pack in the NHL and sports logos as a whole.

Most of the mockery seems directed at the botched unveiling. Not the name/logo. Well aside from their insistence on using just "Vegas." That's pretty dumb.

7 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

And why does that logo look so familiar toe me?

Any company/product use something similar?

Spartan Race has a similar helmet logo. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Hmm...I *think* I like it. Yes, very noncommittal but I'm wavering as some of those pics posted in the last few pages where the grey looks teal are better than the reality. 

Golden Knights. Boo, UCF, boo! :lol:

I do think it's a stronger mark than the "is it an igloo?", "is it an N?", "is it a weird little elephant?" that we could have had. :P Seriously, when/if they come back they need to update that amorphous little blob. These Knights do look a little Create-A-Team-ish, but I think the open face part of the helmet making a V reduces the generic aspect a little bit. 

Cant wait to see the jerseys. Could be very interesting if the primary color is the steel grey and there are metallic gold pieces. 

Man, I like that dark teal look so much better! 

17 minutes ago, oddball said:

Las Vegas big 4 team.  Dull as dishwater shield logo.

Yeah, we're really reaching on this one.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

6 minutes ago, twi said:

I do think it's a stronger mark than the "is it an igloo?", "is it an N?", "is it a weird little elephant?" that we could have had. :P Seriously, when/if they come back they need to update that amorphous little blob.

You can't possibly be referring to one of the greatest looks of all time, can you? 

quebec-nordiques-blue-vintage-jersey-3.g

I agree that when they come back, they need to update it. And the only possible improvement would be throwing that awesome logo into a roundel. B)

udcORch.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived