Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

If they flipped the logo, the silver outline on the left eyebrow would make a subtle L. That would make so much more sense. 

Also, it's not a knight. It's a centurion or a spartan or something. 

Apparently there have been bunches of jokes about the name on the LVGK message board already, including calling them the Golden Showers and saying "We're going to see the Golden Girls aganst the Wild tonight"

cast.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, infrared41 said:

You can't possibly be referring to one of the greatest looks of all time, can you? 

quebec-nordiques-blue-vintage-jersey-3.g

I agree that when they come back, they need to update it. And the only possible improvement would be throwing that awesome logo into a roundel. B)

udcORch.jpg

Wow, who would have imagined opinions can differ! Probably most CCSLCers who post theirs as fact. :P 

A jersey with the same symbol plunked down 5 times isn't an all time great. Great colors though. 

I tnink Golden Knights was the worst choice of the three. Desert and especially Silver make more sense given the location. Just Knights would be superior to all though. 

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I agree that when they come back, they need to update it.

Agreed!

1Knpbx5.jpg

:P

2 minutes ago, twi said:

A jersey with the same symbol plunked down 5 times isn't an all time great.

The repetition of the fleur-de-lis was meant to hearken back to the flag of Québec.

Don't want to quote the same post again and clutter it up, but I know the reason for the fleur. But add it to some striping or something, don't just clone stamp it. 

Dont know my Vegas landmarks well enough to recognize the star in the secondary. That's kinda neat. 

10 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

There's no way Las Vegas will get an NHL team. There's no way they'll be called Golden Knights. There's no way they'll use just "Vegas" in the name...

There's no way the MC gives away the nickname... There's no way the public shouts drunken profanities... There's no way the video guys derp the entire unveiling...

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I wish! Just found it off an Google search.

Quest started. 

Edit: sorry if posts are looking wonky folks. Sometimes on my iPad here the formatting goes crazy and the fast and furious nature of these posts are confusing it big time. 

1 hour ago, worcat said:

I could go back the last ten pages of so and quote people but i'm not going to waste anyones time.

I'm more concerned with this

" Bill Foley said Vegas Golden Knights jerseys would be ready by February at the earliest and June at the latest. "

that's a rather sizable time difference

How do you not have this crap ready for shopping season? The derp parade continues.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, JQK said:

Everyone from announcers to fans to your mom will call this team the Vegas Knights, so the whole "'Golden' ruins everything" argument is pretty dumb. It really isn't bad at all, and even if you don't like it, you'll barely hear it.

So their dumb decisions are somehow okay because other people will maybe ignore them?  Okay. 

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

The whole thing isn’t bad, except using “Vegas” instead of “Las Vegas.” I actually quite like the secondary logo.

But using “Vegas” instead of “Las Vegas” is the dumbest thing, and makes everything terrible.

Back in the day, I thought the same about teams named "Carolina", but that kinda grew on me.

Tbh it could be A LOT worse. (Golden State)

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, twi said:

Dont know my Vegas landmarks well enough to recognize the star in the secondary. That's kinda neat. 

It's from the "welcome to famous Las Vegas" sign. I like the concept, but the black keyline going around both the star and the swords bugs me. I wish it just went around the star, to really emphasise the swords crossing behind it.

1 minute ago, twi said:

but I know the reason for the fleur. But add it to some striping or something, don't just clone stamp it. 

Oh, I agree. Especially considering the four fdls on the flag are separated by white stripes. Just pointing out the method to the madness :D

That being said...the fdls look isn't even my favourite Nords look. I joked about the wolf prototype that almost happened, but it's honestly not that bad. My favourite would have to be their inaugural set from the 1972-73 WHA season

On 11/17/2016 at 8:26 AM, CreamSoda said:

http://vegasgoldenknights.com/ and http://lasvegasgoldenknights.com/

Has a forced "display:none" attribute around the whole site.   Seems likely to be the team name.   Army is the Black and Gold... of course if he couldn't get Black he would just go with Army's other color...

Silverknights goes to a landing page.

Desertknights goes to an ebay listing for the urls.

Thought it was suspicious that both the goldenknight URLs had the same results!

Archived