Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

HOUSTON...errrr Vegas we have a problem! 

GOLDEN KNIGHTS THE COLLEGE OF SAINT ROSE ...our new fav school! gogoldenknights.com

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87147239&docId=OOA20161207114432#docIndex=0&page=1

Scroll the document, enjoy the read.

Trademark on track to be rejected unless someone pays a certain school a ton of money, I say $50 million is fair.

On a side note both Desert and Silver are pretty much 100% good to go as long as they don't stylize the word Knight(s) like one school they already got the go ahead from any ways.

Ironically Foley cant stop copying/infringing, they (Vegas team) bought GoldenKNights.tv this week, guess who owns GoGoldenKnights.tv? You guessed it our new fav school GOLDEN KNIGHTS THE COLLEGE OF SAINT ROSE!

This whole thing is :facepalm: for Foley, NHL and anyone who calls themselves their attorney.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VegasBound said:

Trademark on track to be rejected

I think it's premature to say that... the USPTO can simply tell Saint Rose, "You're wrong.  This won't get confused with your marks." the NHL still has a chance to respond, and the USPTO may rule in their favor.

Edit: I thought this was a complaint letter from Saint Rose, not generated by the patent office like it appears to be.

Not true and especially not since the USPTO made a point to include this.... which btw is a huge HELLO to Army.

"similar use not needed to cause confusion" goes on to site a case etc.

Basically he used the same name, for sports, similar logo, uses similar twitter and domains with the addition or subtraction of the word "go". Tell me how they missed asking this school too, so he misses Army and this school, why? Oh ya guy thinks he can sneak by an obvious NO.

Let me see

Schools twitter @gogoldenknights.com Vegas uses @GoldenKnights

Schools .tv domain is gogoldenknights.tv Vegas will use goldenKnights.tv

What's next, who is their Mascot Foley needs an idea LMAO

Better call Saul

On a side note I assume he will respond, he has 6 months to fight the finding. However if he fails O M G what would that be like months/weeks before season opener next year.

Id say he has to be contemplating Desert Knights now.

Best launch of an NHL franchise since the Kansas City Scouts. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I forget who said it, but the LVGKs are the Shockmaster of the NHL.

Even Shockmaster was an infringer, considering his too-loose helmet was just a spraypainted storm trooper helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, VegasBound said:

HOUSTON...errrr Vegas we have a problem! 

GOLDEN KNIGHTS THE COLLEGE OF SAINT ROSE ...our new fav school! gogoldenknights.com

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87147239&docId=OOA20161207114432#docIndex=0&page=1

Scroll the document, enjoy the read.

Trademark on track to be rejected unless someone pays a certain school a ton of money, I say $50 million is fair.

On a side note both Desert and Silver are pretty much 100% good to go as long as they don't stylize the word Knight(s) like one school they already got the go ahead from any ways.

Ironically Foley cant stop copying/infringing, they (Vegas team) bought GoldenKNights.tv this week, guess who owns GoGoldenKnights.tv? You guessed it our new fav school GOLDEN KNIGHTS THE COLLEGE OF SAINT ROSE!

This whole thing is :facepalm: for Foley, NHL and anyone who calls themselves their attorney.

Sent the link to my girlfriend who also happens to be a kicka$$ paralegal, at an IP law firm (based on what little I know of the profession).

"Her: Yeah, there's no overcoming that 2(d) refusal without a coexistence agreement and a consent to use and registration from the prior registrant. That's an uphill battle.

Me: So they may very well be at the mercy of the college?

Her: Yep. It also really depends on which Examiner you get at the USPTO, but I can't see any Examiner letting that one go through without some kind of agreement in place."

So, to wrap, Vegas has a legit roadblock, in the Golden Knights of Nowheresville, and is waiting on the US freakingArmy to decide if they want to pick a fight. Yeah...this won't end in embarrassment.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 minutes ago, JGraz15 said:

You buried the lead!  There's going to be a TV documentary series about the creation of the franchise!  There's no way that's not a trainwreck.

"The franchise held an event Wednesday evening for the premiere of a television documentary series about the creation of the franchise. Per Dixon, all the top brass were sequestered in a VIP area and would not be available for comment."

Totally normal behavior for a fledgling franchise to not make any important people available to talk to fans/media at a TV documentary series premiere...

HOUSTON...eeerrrr Vegas we have another problem!

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=87243288&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Their logo is still awaiting examination, imagine a world in which that was denied as well because odds are now heavily it will be. I mean it only copies 150 different teams, the V is unoriginal etc. Heard it here first folks just like the tm denial last night ;) 

Archived