Jump to content

Las Vegas NHL Expansion


ShinyHubCaps
 Share

Recommended Posts

The hold up on "Knights" is because of the OHL's London Knights. Apparently, they have a the rights to just Knights in Canada. This is an uncommon practice, in the States, so maybe the laws just work differently, up there, but it sounds like Knights is not one of the final 4 candidates, though Silver/Neon Knights could be.

 

http://thehockeywriters.com/las-vegas-down-to-four-options-for-team-name/

 

I know some people on here like it, but Las Vegas (insert color description here) Knights sounds horrible, IMO. Just when I was starting to not hate the idea of plain old Knights, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The hold up on "Knights" is because of the OHL's London Knights. Apparently, they have a the rights to just Knights in Canada. This is an uncommon practice, in the States, so maybe the laws just work differently, up there, but it sounds like Knights is not one of the final 4 candidates, though Silver/Neon Knights could be.

 

http://thehockeywriters.com/las-vegas-down-to-four-options-for-team-name/

 

I know some people on here like it, but Las Vegas (insert color description here) Knights sounds horrible, IMO. Just when I was starting to not hate the idea of plain old Knights, too.

 

I find it a little hard to believe that another sports team (and one from the U.S. to boot), in Canada can't be called the "Knights".

...different league, city, country... different logo, uniforms, word mark, etc.

Smells a little fishy to me...perhaps some smoke 'n mirrors?

 

So, we're down to 4 names...

Anybody have an idea what those 4 names are?...hmmmm?

 

Anybody?...Bueller?...Bueller?...MEANS?...Bueller?...

 

eta.jpg

 

eta01.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

 

I find it a little hard to believe that another sports team (and one from the U.S. to boot), in Canada can't be called the "Knights".

...different league, city, country... different logo, uniforms, word mark, etc.

Smells a little fishy to me...perhaps some smoke 'n mirrors?

 

So, we're down to 4 names...

Anybody have an idea what those 4 names are?...hmmmm?

 

Anybody?...Bueller?...Bueller?...MEANS?...Bueller?...

 

eta.jpg

 

eta01.jpg

 

 

I'm guessing that there is likely some variation of Knights, some take on Outlaws/Wranglers (etc.) and a good chance Scorpions is in there. 

 

Also, If I'm completely honest, the idea of never being able to drink scotch from that glass may be the my biggest disappointment in Aces not making the cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Also, If I'm completely honest, the idea of bever being able to drink scotch from that glass may be the my biggest disappointment in Aces not making the cut.

 

I'm with you BeerGuy...

I've always felt that a "winged Ace" logo would, not only be a great hockey logo, but also a cool "guys" logo, whether one was a hockey fan or not.

It suggests speed, excellence, courage, daring, and has a tad of "bad-ass" in it...perfect for Vegas hockey.

Besides a whiskey glass, imagine it on a classic car...a motorcycle helmet...as a tattoo...as a ring...as a belt buckle...

 

eta02.jpg

 

Hell... I'd put it on my 'Vette...(if I had one).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, justin23iu said:

It's the Black Knights. I work in the sports industry and saw this post this morning by a major search firm: 

 

http://turnkeysearch.com/2016/07/28/black-knight-sports-and-entertainment-president/

Not very much to learn form that, it's called black knights sports because that's the owners brand which we have already known. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Not very much to learn form that, it's called black knights sports because that's the owners brand which we have already known. 

 

LOL, not much to learn from the team hiring a president under that name? Are you kidding.

 

Tell ya what, if the team is called something else, I'll buy the first hat they release and eat it.  I'll film it and post the video in this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 4, 2016 at 9:17 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

"Ain't no gambling here folks, 'cause we're called (trumpets) the "Knights"!..."

I'm glad that works for you, Ice_Cap.

I just wrote up a lengthy reply to BGJ in the NHL off-season thread about "OTH" vs "sunbelt" fans, so I'm not in the mood to go into a whole spiel here. So I'll just leave it at this.

 

What's your problem, guy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, justin23iu said:

 

LOL, not much to learn from the team hiring a president under that name? Are you kidding.

 

Tell ya what, if the team is called something else, I'll buy the first hat they release and eat it.  I'll film it and post the video in this thread.

 

Yikes, can't wait to see this blowup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, justin23iu said:

 

LOL, not much to learn from the team hiring a president under that name? Are you kidding.

 

Tell ya what, if the team is called something else, I'll buy the first hat they release and eat it.  I'll film it and post the video in this thread.

 

The name of the holding company / ownership group doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with the team name. 

 

A few years ago True North Sports & Entertainment was hiring people for their hockey operation. The operation that became known as the Jets. Not the "True Norths". 

 

So while the name might end up being black Knights (doubtful tho) that job posting is absolutely meaningless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, justin23iu said:

 

LOL, not much to learn from the team hiring a president under that name? Are you kidding.

 

Tell ya what, if the team is called something else, I'll buy the first hat they release and eat it.  I'll film it and post the video in this thread.

Be my guest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'm guessing that there is likely some variation of Knights, some take on Outlaws/Wranglers (etc.) and a good chance Scorpions is in there. 

 

Also, If I'm completely honest, the idea of bever being able to drink scotch from that glass may be the my biggest disappointment in Aces not making the cut.

 

From what I have heard Silver Knights and Scorpions are two names on the final four. Have no clue what the final 2 are but I would be willing to wager some Western themed name (Wranglers/Outlaws) is on it and with as hell bent as Foley is on using the word Knights in his name, Neon Knights is there too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

I just read an article that says the Las Vegas newspaper has compiled the top candidates for a name: Infantry, Cavalry, Storm, Atoms, and Commandos. Can't say I like any of them.

 

Atoms peaks my interest. I can see a retro 50s style logo/set. I think it would fit Vegas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:

 

Atoms peaks my interest. I can see a retro 50s style logo/set. I think it would fit Vegas. 

They could just use the all-star uniforms from a couple of years ago that were black and neon green and you would be all set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.