Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Foley says he’s relying heavily on input from adidas for both the team name and the logo design

:huh::wacko::mad:

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif?1377793573

Are we good with 2 'Hawks?  2 Sox works fine enough right?  

Sincerely,

Rough Riders & Roughriders.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Just now, JQK said:

You've seen this?

Provide a source?

No I haven't.  But based on the contextual evidence provided the name is the one that made the most sense (mothership writers agree, although the post went up after mine).

The fighter jet came to me because its been done before, its a (dated) local connection, and Foley is a huge military otaku.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 minutes ago, rams80 said:

No I haven't.  But based on the contextual evidence provided the name is the one that made the most sense (mothership writers agree, although the post went up after mine).

The fighter jet came to me because its been done before, its a (dated) local connection, and Foley is a huge military otaku.

I'm not sold he's gonna go stealth fighter for the logo.

Will the logo be influenced by military design elements? I think we all see that writing on the wall, but I think the logo may be more of a military-patch inspired look, with an actual hawk, not a jet, as the focal point.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Told my wife the team name might have the word Night in it and they are also talking about a bird. No joke, without even thinking she says.. Why would a pro team call themselves the Nightingale's.

Lets hope she isnt on to something here...

38 minutes ago, JQK said:

Will the logo be influenced by military design elements? I think we all see that writing on the wall, but I think the logo may be more of a military-patch inspired look, with an actual hawk, not a jet, as the focal point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_Airborne_Division

150px-US_101st_Airborne_Division_patch.s

Look_Around.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

oh cool so now vegas will play military dress up like the panthers? FML, this is lame. Vegas better not go down this rabbit hole.

They had a chance to do something out of the box and special. Nighthawks!? just F*** everything! Throw it all in the toilet. I wanted the Vegas team to be a success but if they start off with a :censored:ty name then I wish them the worst. Whether the design be a hawk or a jet, I don't give a :censored:. This guy needs to lose his rambo mentality and think of what the league and fans would want. Cool you have a hard on for the military but get over yourself.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The hyperbolic over-reactions in this thread are amazingly entertaining.

Nothing has been chosen, let alone a logo even hinted at, yet "THUS IS DA WURST TING TO EVAH HAPPEN TOO HOCKEY IN DA HISTORY OV EVAH!!!"

Hahahahahaha... Hot Take City, man...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived