Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

there's a new article on NHL.com with Foley talking about the name. He says that they have purposely led people off a cliff when it comes to some of the names. Like Sand Knights. It was a decoy fake name.

He wants a two word name that represents the military values. Does not like Scorpions because it is defensive animal. So with that information, what are some options? 

Oh, FFS. 

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, FFS. 

My exact reaction. No one in the world (except jerks) think of scorpions as being defensive. They're among the few insects universally recognized as having the ability to hurt you. It doesn't matter if you have to antagonize them first.

There's a reason this scene happened:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

"A lot of people like Scorpions, but the scorpion is a defensive animal. We're not going to be defensive. So I didn't want that."

"My goal is to really have a culture that has a military origin to it "

How about the Preemptive Strikes?

1 hour ago, coltravesty said:

there's a new article on NHL.com with Foley talking about the name. He says that they have purposely led people off a cliff when it comes to some of the names. Like Sand Knights. It was a decoy fake name.

He wants a two word name that represents the military values. Does not like Scorpions because it is defensive animal. So with that information, what are some options? 

Holy :censored:, what a :censored:ing clown... A two words name that represents the military values? You're putting a team in Sin City don't act like it's West Point for God sake. I'm seriously growing tired of this douche and his team won't even hit the ice this season...

Aren't most animals defensive though?

Out of all the rich dudes in Vegas he's the one that buys the city's first major sports franchise smh. Seems like there should be a way for the league to force him to take whatever name they tell him to.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Las Vegas Shockin' Awes? :rolleyes:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

2 hours ago, coltravesty said:

Las Vegas Donald Trumps.

A military which values offence greater than defensive capabilities is usually the losing one yes?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived