Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

5 hours ago, LA_Angels said:

Well they voted trump in, seems logical to vote for the Las Vegas Desert Knights, or the Sin City Treasure Islanders.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote but fell victim to the Electoral College like Al Gore.

I think the Las Vegas Panhandler$ would have been a more appropriate name. You can't walk half a block there without someone hitting you up for cash. :wacko:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/19/2016 at 9:39 PM, Scoo8b said:

Las Vegas is such a ridiculous over the top place that I kind of think the name and logo need to be as well. That doesn't mean I will like it (and indeed I don't really like Las Vegas the city) but it seems appropriate.

I know what you mean. I was there this past March for a college basketball tournament and couldn't wait to go home after only a couple of days. And I agree with you on the logo idea as well. Over the top is Las Vegas. 

The best quote ever from this guy Bill Fooley who appears to be over controlling and not allowing others to do their job.... when asked if he took an internal vote on the logo/name he replies just "One vote, my vote counts" or something to that affect when interviewed this week.

That may come back to haunt him.

From what I read Desert Knights is the far away fav of the three but this guy is so nuts for the Army to notice him who knows what he'll name it. I mean dude gets shot down by them on Black Knights then he starts floating Golden Knights the army parachute team because who gives a :censored: about that maybe they'll throw him a bone. He's like an abuse victim who keeps going back and fell in love with someone who doesn't give a :censored: about him.

I guess we'll see in 12 days if he decided to name t in connection with Vegas or a bunch of jumpers and alienate the fan base.

The vague description that Foley gave on the colors....

"Because it's Knights, there's obviously going to be some steel gray somewhere," Foley said. "Probably have some gold because that makes sense, and most teams have black."

Some gold because that "makes sense", seems to point to the fact that Silver Knights is eliminated at this point. Golden Knights looks like a solid bet, but Desert Knights could still include gold as a sandy color. 

sig.png

Archived