Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per McPhee (on CBS' Las Vegas affiliated station KLAS)

'Knight is involved but we've got some things that are right out of Nevada and right out of Las Vegas on the uniform. You want something that your players are going to be proud to wear and that the fans will be proud to wear. It has a double entendre that should help i think it will resonate right away and for years and years and that's what you're trying to accomplish that you establish your identity, tradition and nothing has to change."

Interesting...  I'm going to assume based off that graphic the Knight is going to be on horseback, the Nevada bit will be a logo of the state in some form on the shoulders, while the Vegas bit will probably be something dealing with the Las Vegas sign (maybe the star?).

Texas.gif

Did not know about the Posse.

My head is spinning at the realization that the CFL had Shreveport and Las Vegas in a league with Regina and Edmonton. That American expansion would have made one hell of a CCSLC thread. 

30 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Did not know about the Posse.

My head is spinning at the realization that the CFL had Shreveport and Las Vegas in a league with Regina and Edmonton. That American expansion would have made one hell of a CCSLC thread. 

woah woah, posse? I'm offended....

sorry i had to, just kidding.

maxresdefault.jpg

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

http://vegasgoldenknights.com/ and http://lasvegasgoldenknights.com/

Has a forced "display:none" attribute around the whole site.   Seems likely to be the team name.   Army is the Black and Gold... of course if he couldn't get Black he would just go with Army's other color...

Silverknights goes to a landing page.

Desertknights goes to an ebay listing for the urls.

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

http://vegasgoldenknights.com/ and http://lasvegasgoldenknights.com/

Has a forced "display:none" attribute around the whole site.   Seems likely to be the team name.

Silverknights goes to a landing page.

Desertknights goes to an ebay listing for the urls.

Uuummm no it doesn't it is a simple godaddy lander for a name with no dns set. try www. ;)  first

Secondly the guy who is listed as owner owns many domains including blackknight names even after it was said it would not be Black so...NOT the team at all, sorry.

Lastly the SilverKnight names are all over the place! Foley did have a woman register some horrible one's 19 months ago but really bad examples.

The Desert Knight names on ebay are very interesting, they were registered prior to that name ever being mentioned anywhere and well before any trademark filing by NHL.

28 minutes ago, TheRatPack said:

Uuummm no it doesn't it is a simple godaddy lander for a name with no dns set. try www. ;)  first

Secondly the guy who is listed as owner owns many domains including blackknight names even after it was said it would not be Black so...NOT the team at all, sorry.

Lastly the SilverKnight names are all over the place! Foley did have a woman register some horrible one's 19 months ago but really bad examples.

The Desert Knight names on ebay are very interesting, they were registered prior to that name ever being mentioned anywhere and well before any trademark filing by NHL.

Sorry but that is wrong.  It goes to a page with a forced display none.  You can't even take off the display none in the console:

xVeWS0n.png

17 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Sorry but that is wrong.  It goes to a page with a forced display none.  You can't even take off the display none in the console:

xVeWS0n.png

Type in www.vegasgoldenknights.com and www.lasvegasgoldenknights.com BOTH go to a godaddy generic lander.

The same guy also registered....

nflvegasraiders.com

nflchargersla.com

vegasraider.com

laramspark.com

vegasblacknightsnhl.com

Seems more like a speculation to me, jmo. But that ain't the team On a side note and ironically the guy who owns them Todd Gladis was in the US Army and lives in CA so perhaps a weird coincidence?

6 minutes ago, Oso said:

I am pretty sure its Desert Knights. That said, if he DOES wind up picking Golden Knights, which has been the least popular of the three by far, I cringe to see the reactions of people here.

Agree 100% That name Golden is unoriginal, lame and used elsewhere that and got single digit poll results if I recall. Desert Knights by far the best and most voted. Now saying that this Bill Foley is a piece of work so...

I can't read "Golden Knights" without thinking of that scene from Wild Hogs when Doug is urging everyone to say "IT'S THE GOLDEN KNIGHT!" as he attempts to free Dudley, then utterly fails.

I feel like if they went with that name and someone out there made the reference, it could turn into a pretty unfortunate meme ?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I forgot, What was the reason again it could´t be just Knights ?

Supposedly because the OHL's London Knights own the Canadian rights to any major hockey team having that name...also because the Vegas ownership is too lazy to actually talk to them and work out a deal.

bYhYmxh.png

Archived