ShinyHubCaps

Las Vegas NHL Expansion

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Wouldn't it be funny if they misspelled it "Dessert Knights"? Then this could be their logo

https://cdn.drawception.com/images/panels/2016/1-16/1YYB1ybGsC-8.png

 

 

The cake is a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MEANS said:

Sure it will.....

I'm not saying it would be a good identity. I'm just saying it would be much better because they would stand out more, instead of being a Ducks ripoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VegasBound said:

So merch has been made, boxed, delivered and NO ONE knows a thing? Is it possible that Elon Musk is just playing us in a video game and there is no team in the Desert? lol

 

thats what I;m saying. How the hell has this not leaked in some way?  Has Foley even picked the name yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

 

thats what I;m saying. How the hell has this not leaked in some way?  Has Foley even picked the name yet? 

Hate to say it again, but Creamer is slipping! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I'm not saying it would be a good identity. I'm just saying it would be much better because they would stand out more, instead of being a Ducks ripoff.

actually you said it would be 100 times better. Look I know everyone wants to see the new identity but the general "I know it's gonna suck/it's a rip off" attitude based off a flyer and some other quotes without EVEN SEEING THE IDENTITY is what makes this place really frustrating and quite frankly immature sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MEANS said:

actually you said it would be 100 times better. Look I know everyone wants to see the new identity but the general "I know it's gonna suck/it's a rip off" attitude based off a flyer and some other quotes without EVEN SEEING THE IDENTITY is what makes this place really frustrating and quite frankly immature sometimes. 

 

Actually, MEANS, if it weren't for the fans here, over at HF Boards, and at SinBin, speculating (good or bad) on names, colours, logos, draft picks, etc. etc., there'd be ZERO buzz about this team. You (the folks at Adidas, at the NHL and at Vegas is Hockey) should be thanking them instead of knocking them. Any "official" marketing or promotion has been non-existent. Hopefully that will all change tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MEANS said:

actually you said it would be 100 times better. Look I know everyone wants to see the new identity but the general "I know it's gonna suck/it's a rip off" attitude based off a flyer and some other quotes without EVEN SEEING THE IDENTITY is what makes this place really frustrating and quite frankly immature sometimes. 

Immature because of an opinion? Wow. Listen, I'm not in love with the color scheme that has been rumored. I am still very intrigued to see the name, colors, and logo. But I feel as though I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sparky chewbarkyI am not concerned with Buzz about this team. Marketing and promotion is up to the team, I can't control that. We are just discussing logos here.

 

@jmac11281 your opinion is based on seeing nothing, so yes one could say that's immature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MEANS said:

 

@jmac11281 your opinion is based on seeing nothing, so yes one could say that's immature.

You're right that I have not seen anything. But from what has been said by the owner (who has played a huge part in the process), I am not too confident. I am not alone in this sentiment. So I guess if that makes most of us immature in your eyes, fine. But I certainly disagree. I hope you enjoy the reveal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LVK.png

 

I was goofing around with a Las Vegas Whatever Knights logo last night. Thought I'd share before the actual logo gets revealed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that the Las Vegas sign in the background? Yeah, yours will be better than theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Is that the Las Vegas sign in the background? Yeah, yours will be better than theirs.

 

Good eye. I was hoping someone would catch that. Wanted to place something behind him to give the whole logo more body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those hoping the Vegas team doesn't adopt the Ducks color palette and become a rip off and hoping they have a unique color scheme....

 

remember when the ducks had a unique color scheme and decided to just throw it in the trash. Oh ok. 

 

Vegas will be unique I'm sure. Just because a team uses black and a variety of another teams color doesn't mean it's a direct rip off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

LVK.png

 

I was goofing around with a Las Vegas Whatever Knights logo last night. Thought I'd share before the actual logo gets revealed. 

If you'd add the V that @sparky chewbarky was playing around with, I think you'd get a pretty good prediction. Love the sign background though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scoo8b said:

 

I'd take that with a grain of salt.

 

If anything, it'll likely get leaked on Fanatics.com early tomorrow. They seem to always "accidentally" release images before the official unveiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.