Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

Anyone else surprised that no leaks have been made? Even the Jets had one before they unveiled their logo.

... Speaking of expansion, The NHL website has an interesting wee article on how the other 30 teams got their names. If you didn't know or had forgotten, it's a good read.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-team-nickname-origins-explained/c-283976168

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, no matter how bad the las vegas DesertGoldenSilver Knights is, just take solace in the fact that they'll be skipping town by 2030.

Quebec Nordique Knights, here we come!

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

The whole Las Vegas to Quebec thing is for naught. Vegas will not ve going anywhere for years and years, no matter what struggles they may or may not have.

I honestly think that the Hurricanes are either in its last year or its penultimate year of existence. Quebec will get its team soon enough.

Nah, they've gotta have a brief layover in Cleveland first.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

18 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Anyone else surprised that no leaks have been made? Even the Jets had one before they unveiled their logo.

... Speaking of expansion, The NHL website has an interesting wee article on how the other 30 teams got their names. If you didn't know or had forgotten, it's a good read.

It´s because the logo, jersey and team name will be decided just before the press conference. A team of designers will be placed in a room and given 30 minutes to come up with something. That is how you avoid leaks

6 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

So "Vegas Black Knights" has a protected twitter account (@VegasKnightsNHL)...

I'm not sure that means much.  Black Knights probably won't work, as USMA owns the "Black Knights" name.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

The whole Las Vegas to Quebec thing is for naught. Vegas will not ve going anywhere for years and years, no matter what struggles they may or may not have.

I honestly think that the Hurricanes are either in its last year or its penultimate year of existence. Quebec will get its team soon enough.

Yeah. If the NHL did everything humanly possible to keep a team in Arizona, the Rainbow Knights aren't going anywhere. 

sig.png

3 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Yeah. If the NHL did everything humanly possible to keep a team in Arizona, the Rainbow Knights aren't going anywhere. 

They did, but they also left Atlanta for dead, so..

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

14 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Check out the wordmark at the end of that teaser video. That's the font Reebok uses for all of their NHL workout gear.  The fact that it says "Vegas Hockey" and not "Las Vegas Hockey" leads me to believe we'll be getting the "Vegas___ Knights" tomorrow, which is pretty much the worst possible outcome. 

The Kings' version has "LA KINGS" on it. I think it's a space issue for that design that can't be taken either way plus Vegas is as much a universal nickname as LA.

You don't see people saying "York." when referring to NY. Vegas works but that doesn't mean that the official name will be that. Plus in Chris' article it was confirmed to him that "Las" would be included.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

"Rocky Mountain Extreme"

"Columbus Justice"

"Minnesota Freeze"

"Buffalo Mugwamps"

"San Jose Golden Gaters"

If you believe in the multiverse theory, then somewhere there's a NHL with all of those teams. :( 

Would be cool to see a complete shock of a name. 

Ladies and Gentlemen.. YOUR, LAS VEGAS SHOCK!

Archived