Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Anyone else surprised that no leaks have been made? Even the Jets had one before they unveiled their logo.

... Speaking of expansion, The NHL website has an interesting wee article on how the other 30 teams got their names. If you didn't know or had forgotten, it's a good read.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-team-nickname-origins-explained/c-283976168

Someone on a Jets Facebook fan page posted this logo, claiming it was a leak.  Could it be true? Or is it just a fan made logo?

If it is it, I'm disappointed.  Looks minor league to me.  Mascot holding a hockey stick with name underneath.  Doesn't look cool or intimidating.  Anyway, it's probably not the real thing, but in case it is, I thought I'd post it.  

Someone please set the record straight if you know!

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-50-43.png

Just now, gojetsgo said:

Someone on a Jets Facebook fan page posted this logo, claiming it was a leak.  Could it be true? Or is it just a fan made logo?

If it is it, I'm disappointed.  Looks minor league to me.  Mascot holding a hockey stick with name underneath.  Doesn't look cool or intimidating.  Anyway, it's probably not the real thing, but in case it is, I thought I'd post it.  

Someone please set the record straight if you know!

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-50-43.png

Well if you look back a few pages......

SIG.png

I GOT IT!

LAS VEGAS V KNIGHTS!

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

What's been throwing me off about the potential logo is that point shape above the "V" that is pointing down. It doesn't appear to line up directly with the "V", but rather comes in at a slight angle. It's driving me bonkers trying to figure out what that could possibly be (or be a part of). It's the only reason I'm having doubts it's the front of a helmet, because I'd think whatever part of the helmet that would be would line up over the middle of the eyeslits/opening.

Maybe it's a sword or a joust going through the V from a top slight angle?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

23 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

What's been throwing me off about the potential logo is that point shape above the "V" that is pointing down. It doesn't appear to line up directly with the "V", but rather comes in at a slight angle. It's driving me bonkers trying to figure out what that could possibly be (or be a part of). It's the only reason I'm having doubts it's the front of a helmet, because I'd think whatever part of the helmet that would be would line up over the middle of the eyeslits/opening.

Maybe it's a sword or a joust going through the V from a top slight angle?

It's pretty clearly the shadow of the ridge of helmet.

illustration-of-knight-in-full-armor-hol

Archived