ShinyHubCaps

Las Vegas NHL Expansion

Recommended Posts

If it's Aces, I'm going to punch someone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Anyone else surprised that no leaks have been made? Even the Jets had one before they unveiled their logo.

 

... Speaking of expansion, The NHL website has an interesting wee article on how the other 30 teams got their names. If you didn't know or had forgotten, it's a good read.

 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-team-nickname-origins-explained/c-283976168

 

Someone on a Jets Facebook fan page posted this logo, claiming it was a leak.  Could it be true? Or is it just a fan made logo?

 

If it is it, I'm disappointed.  Looks minor league to me.  Mascot holding a hockey stick with name underneath.  Doesn't look cool or intimidating.  Anyway, it's probably not the real thing, but in case it is, I thought I'd post it.  

 

Someone please set the record straight if you know!

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-50-43.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gojetsgo said:

 

Someone on a Jets Facebook fan page posted this logo, claiming it was a leak.  Could it be true? Or is it just a fan made logo?

 

If it is it, I'm disappointed.  Looks minor league to me.  Mascot holding a hockey stick with name underneath.  Doesn't look cool or intimidating.  Anyway, it's probably not the real thing, but in case it is, I thought I'd post it.  

 

Someone please set the record straight if you know!

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-50-43.png

Well if you look back a few pages......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LA_Angels said:

Well if you look back a few pages......

 

Aha.. I'm obviously behind!  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'm glad that's not the logo.  (Really hope that's not the name either).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bowld said:

Give me the Night Owls! 

 

 

or is it "Knight" Owls?.featuring an armor clad owl of course

 

b7ed6896a867c9a59dc14dc2ef624a81.jpg?w=7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sin City Treasure Islanders. PLEASE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas Fire Liberaces!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I GOT IT!

 

LAS VEGAS V KNIGHTS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get more of a "Spartan" vibe from that helmet, but hey, that's pretty creative. NHL branding has been on point lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's been throwing me off about the potential logo is that point shape above the "V" that is pointing down. It doesn't appear to line up directly with the "V", but rather comes in at a slight angle. It's driving me bonkers trying to figure out what that could possibly be (or be a part of). It's the only reason I'm having doubts it's the front of a helmet, because I'd think whatever part of the helmet that would be would line up over the middle of the eyeslits/opening.

 

Maybe it's a sword or a joust going through the V from a top slight angle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

 

 

"Holy crap".

 

Craps.

 

Itz definitely gambling related!!!!1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

 

"Holy crap".

 

Craps.

 

Itz definitely gambling related!!!!1

 

Las Vegas Craps definitely has a nice ring to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

 

Las Vegas Craps definitely has a nice ring to it.

 

Make the Hershey Bears their AHL affiliate, rename them to the Squirts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoplites

Centurions

Legion

 

It's an untapped market!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

What's been throwing me off about the potential logo is that point shape above the "V" that is pointing down. It doesn't appear to line up directly with the "V", but rather comes in at a slight angle. It's driving me bonkers trying to figure out what that could possibly be (or be a part of). It's the only reason I'm having doubts it's the front of a helmet, because I'd think whatever part of the helmet that would be would line up over the middle of the eyeslits/opening.

 

Maybe it's a sword or a joust going through the V from a top slight angle?

 

It's pretty clearly the shadow of the ridge of helmet.

 

illustration-of-knight-in-full-armor-hol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.