Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

Colorwerx said pleasantly surprised, which tells me it's not necessarily Desert Knights, but something more towards Spartans, Lancers, Outlaws, Renegades or a name so far out of the running that it's the winner.

I think Las Vegas Renegades or Outlaws/Outlaw Knights with a skull wearing a spartan helmet and bandana would be cool. Outlaws was the winner in the review journal's poll. Could Mr. Foley have done an unofficial poll-masking-as-focus-group to test the waters.

If LV's  team colors are indeed gold, Brick red, silver and/or black and (Edit: LV) is using a spartan helmet or some kind, Ottawa must be planning a rebrand of some sort.

Im very surprised there has been very little leaked about this.  

9 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

What time is the reveal? And why am i so excited for this when i have no connection to this team?

First new team identity in any of the big 4 leagues since the SuperSonics rebrand into the Thunder (Thrashers becoming Jets doesn't count since Jets was an older identity brought back) , it's natural to be excited for something new.

3 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

First new team identity in any of the big 4 leagues since the SuperSonics rebrand into the Thunder (Thrashers becoming Jets doesn't count since Jets was an older identity brought back) , it's natural to be excited for something new.

You had to bring that up?

I'm guessing they're going to use navy and white as their colors, then add yellow when they host their first all star game, only to change back to navy and white the next season when everyone really wants brown and gold. 

1 minute ago, Bucfan56 said:

I'm guessing they're going to use navy and white as their colors, then add yellow when they host their first all star game, only to change back to navy and white the next season when everyone really wants brown and gold. 

Camo on Sundays.

27 minutes ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Colorwerx said pleasantly surprised, which tells me it's not necessarily Desert Knights, but something more towards Spartans, Lancers, Outlaws, Renegades or a name so far out of the running that it's the winner.

I think Las Vegas Renegades or Outlaws/Outlaw Knights with a skull wearing a spartan helmet and bandana would be cool. Outlaws was the winner in the review journal's poll. Could Mr. Foley have done an unofficial poll-masking-as-focus-group to test the waters.

If LV's  team colors are indeed gold, Brick red, silver and/or black and there using a spartan helmet or some kind, Ottawa must be planning a rebrand of some sort.

Im very surprised there has been very little leaked about this.  

Maybe the league pushed the Sens into rebranding. After all, the Las Vegas Whatever Knights have first dibs in the draft (or something like that) for the first couple years or so.