Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GFB said:

I'M HERE FOR THE RIOT THIS LOGO IS AN ABOMBINATION AND A DETRIMENT TO TH....

**sees logo**

/slowly puts down pitchfork

Oh man, it's really good. 

[spoilers[/spoilers]   EDITED BY BLEUET

Would'n it be fun the leaked thing (which seems popular here) is finally a false and we end up with a sort of dull lame animal thingalogo! LOL!

And then we'd all say BOOOO

It's a decent logo.

Should have  called them the Spartans though, because that's clearly the ethos he wants to permeate this organization with.

/Probably will work about as well as the real Spartans ultimately did.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Foley: "I know we can't be the Black Knights, guys, but what if we're the Golden Knights... in a lot of shadows?"

"I'm not sure why you want to emulate the Jaguars because that franchise is a roaring :censored: fire, but sure, you be you."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 hours ago, jp1409 said:

If Vegas were indeed allowed the spartan helmet and colors I'd bet a couple bucks that Ottawa have some legitimate plans to go back the barber poles, dropping gold and the Roman theme altogether.

Pretty much what I thought fot Vegas. If there's red like supposed there's no way the Sens stay put.

1 hour ago, Oso said:

If it DOES wind up being Golden Knights, which looks more and more likely by viewing that logo, it will be the ultimate middle finger to many of the fans of the team, and will set precident that their opinion absolutely does not matter. Golden Knights was far and away the least popular of the three options offered. After proceeding with the name Knights (or any variation of Knights) despite it being generally frowned upon, the least he could have done is gone with the alternative the majority of the fans seemed to be willing to at least accept as the lesser of three evils. Picking the least popular shows it was never about the people he wants to buy tickets or merchandise.. it was all about him and whatever West Point connection (which means jack :censored: to noone in Vegas but him) he could squeeze in there. That is a horrid precident to set. Also if it is Vegas Golden Knights.. Team better win and win quick because that is one more huge FU to them.

The logo is cool though. And if it is Spartans, Gladiators or something else, well.. I rescind that above statement. 

Your soap box is admirable, but the Sabres set that precedent over 40 years ago.

If you're a hockey fan and you live in Las Vegas are you feeling conflicted about booing "His name we do not speak" because he did just approve of your city getting a team, yet isn't it an unwritten rule every NHL city must boo him?

Also I  just thought #DesertSparty was funny, didn't mean to rehash hashtags... my bad.:o

Archived