Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to when the Vegas Golden Knights face off against the Angeles Kings, Jose Sharks, and the Louis Blues.

And how about those great matchups against the Jersey Devils and York Rangers!

(Fun fact: some news outlets reported the Devils' name as "Jersey Devils" back in 1982 when the team first relocated... thankfully their ownership had some sense and went with "New Jersey" instead.)

And I thought naming them the "Golden Knights" was bad. Not even using the city's actual name is bad.

You already know MOST of the media are just going to call them Las Vegas anyways. So, why not call them Las Vegas?

This isn't a state name, a region (Gold State, New England, Carolina), and it's not a recognized geographic area (Tampa Bay). It's the nickname of the city.

Would you like Queen City Bengals?

I don't even know how you botch something like playing a video. That was slapdash and ham handed even by NHL standards. I'm crying from laughing at that awkward display. 

The logos are fine. A bit generic, but not completely awful. You could do a lot worse than Golden Knights. You could be the Blue Jackets or Wild. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just now, Sykotyk said:

And I thought naming them the "Golden Knights" was bad. Not even using the city's actual name is bad.

You already know MOST of the media are just going to call them Las Vegas anyways. So, why not call them Las Vegas?

This isn't a state name, a region (Gold State, New England, Carolina), and it's not a recognized geographic area (Tampa Bay). It's the nickname of the city.

Would you like Queen City Bengals?

Almost as bad as the Golden State Warriors, which is also just a nickname of a state. If/when they change their name to the "San Francisco Warriors," Vegas will assume the dubious honor of having the dumbest location name in sports.

Archived