Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

1 minute ago, omnivore said:

Seems like Foley's team didn't think about branding because they had a building and were more concerned with other things like selling tickets figuring people would come regardless. 

He did put some thought into ripping off the Army Black Knights.

Any chance they could sue, force Vegas to change? (ala the Jaguars or Ravens)

*patiently waiting to see Chris' reaction on the main site*

Anyway, this is what I thought that it would turn out to be since the beginning - a great logo set (although the secondary brings it down), but an absolutely terrible name. Vegas Golden Knights? That's probably the worst thing that could have turned out. If you're going to pick Golden Knights, at least use your full city name.

They got the team in June, how the hell do you not get a wordmark together so people can rep their city? Bettman doesn't care he's on a plane full of liquid cash, but...I just don't get how you botch this but maybe you only hire hockey people and no real marketing team that know the first thing about sports branding, ugh. 

I do like the alternate logo.  It'll look good as a shoulder logo and the little bit of red will be a nice pop.  It is weird that you have gray in the primary logo and not the alt, and red in the alt but not the primary.

1 minute ago, omnivore said:

They got the team in June, how the hell do you not get a wordmark together so people can rep their city? Bettman doesn't care he's on a plane full of liquid cash, but...I just don't get how you botch this but maybe you only hire hockey people and no real marketing team that know the first thing about sports branding, ugh. 

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/team/logos