Hershey Bears Alternate Jersey

BostonStrong13

After not being on the boards for a while, I decided to make a Hershey Bears Alternate Jersey, it came up with my friend, and we talked for a while about it, coming up with this:

c/c very much appreciated.

Hershey Bears Alternate.png

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

I disagree about the tan outline on the bear — it's absolutely needed to differentiate the bear logo from the chest stripe. It could be a little cleaner, though, and it should cut through the lighter brown outline on the chest stripe. 

I think the yoke should stay consistent with the chest stripe — mainly dark brown, trimmed in the lighter brown. And I think it could definitely use a stripe along the hem. I think the sleeve numbers should be between the stripe and the yoke, rather than on top of the stripe. And I think your NOB and back numbers should be a little bigger.

Be careful with some of your elements too. What's on the right on the front view would be on the left on back view. The way you have it now, you'd have half a shoulder logo facing one way on the front, and the other half upside down on the other shoulder on the back. And the number would be 69 on one sleeve and 96 on the other.

20 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I disagree about the tan outline on the bear — it's absolutely needed to differentiate the bear logo from the chest stripe. It could be a little cleaner, though, and it should cut through the lighter brown outline on the chest stripe. 

I think the yoke should stay consistent with the chest stripe — mainly dark brown, trimmed in the lighter brown. And I think it could definitely use a stripe along the hem. I think the sleeve numbers should be between the stripe and the yoke, rather than on top of the stripe. And I think your NOB and back numbers should be a little bigger.

Be careful with some of your elements too. What's on the right on the front view would be on the left on back view. The way you have it now, you'd have half a shoulder logo facing one way on the front, and the other half upside down on the other shoulder on the back. And the number would be 69 on one sleeve and 96 on the other.

Ok, any better?

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

The yoke and the hem stripe are good, definite improvements. You now have the shoulder patch on the same side front and back, but it's upside down — the bottom of the logo is facing toward the collar rather than away from it. You haven't addressed the outline around the bear going through the lighter brown trim on the chest stripe. And yes, your sleeve numbers are still mixed up. On both views, you should be able to see the first digit ('6') on the right arm and the second digit ('9') on the left arm. I like the bigger back number, but I think the name also needs to be bumped up in size. And looking at it again, I think the name on the back isn't quite centred properly.

I suggest centering the back number vertically on the stripe (just like you have centered the front logo), and change the outline of the front logo to the same thickness and color of the outline on the stripe and back number.

I fixed the sleeve numbers and shoulder patch, as well as bumping the NOB size. I didn't wan't to center the numbers on the stripe as it would seem to be too high. 

Also, I put the remainder of the outline in, as @officeglenn had said the first time. 

c/c very much appreciated

#34ever

This is a really great design, and it has a lot of potential, it really reminds me of how much I love the Bears' color scheme.

On the other hand, this was really sloppy. Especially the logo. My advice would be to get paint.net, as it's the highest-caliber program you'll find for free. Use the fill tool to give the logo an outline rather than the paintbrush/pencil tool.

26 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

This is a really great design, and it has a lot of potential, it really reminds me of how much I love the Bears' color scheme.

On the other hand, this was really sloppy. Especially the logo. My advice would be to get paint.net, as it's the highest-caliber program you'll find for free. Use the fill tool to give the logo an outline rather than the paintbrush/pencil tool.

I actually do use paint.net, what tool should I use? I get confused while using it, should I fill it in?

#34ever

3 hours ago, BostonStrong13 said:

I actually do use paint.net, what tool should I use? I get confused while using it, should I fill it in?

Take the logo, copy it, and paste the copied logo into a new layer on top of the original logo.

Then fill the bottom layer with the outline color until the outline is as big as you want it to be.

14 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Take the logo, copy it, and paste the copied logo into a new layer on top of the original logo.

Then fill the bottom layer with the outline color until the outline is as big as you want it to be.

Like this?

#34ever

I've never been a fan of only one shoulder with a patch, that's my biggest gripe on the most recent design.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I feel like BeerGuyJordan with the patches, may you include the affiliate's logo (second, not the wordmark) in brown shapes for the other shoulder? 

Besides of that, good progress and a nice sweater!

Archived