Planters Peanuts Redesign

SmackNCheese

I don't know how long this has been a thing but I just noticed it this morning eating some unsalted peanuts, and I haven't seen it anywhere else on the site so far:

old planters logo.png

I think the new Mr. Peanut is definitely an improvement, but I liked the old wordmark and I think the new one looks too "sporty". One of the first things that came to mind when I saw it was the Cavs jersey wordmark, and it does look pretty similar, save for the fact that the "A" isn't curved at the top.

cavs jersey white.jpg

Anyways, here is the new packaging. The overall look is pretty easy on the eyes, but something about not being able to see into the bottom of the jar really bugs me.new planters jar.jpg

What do you guys think?

Need to see it on their other products to get some context.  On the surface it seems like an upgrade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That new jar/look seems less a projection of junk food than the original.  

I like the new look while preferring the old mascot.

If I buy nuts, I opt for store brand/packaged raw.  Not ones drowning in salt & oil.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

On 6/19/2016 at 1:57 PM, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I think the new Mr. Peanut is definitely an improvement, but I liked the old wordmark

I would say the opposite on both counts.  I prefer the old Mr. Peanut without the faux-3D and with the thick lines.  But that old wordmark was hideous; I'll take the new one, despite the presence of the drop shadow (an element which rarely looks good on anything).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived