roxfan00

Proposed 1983 Denver Broncos uniforms

Hmm. This is a new one.

If legit, perhaps it was nixed because the uniforms resembled the division rival Chargers (and Seahawks) a bit too closely?

Yea.. No idea.

It's not a bad look, even though that would've meant no more orange (until about 2000, anyways).

I haven't heard of this one before, either.

Where did you find this?

The pic came from a Broncos beat writer for DenverBroncos.com Twitter account...he said he was looking at the AP Archives. 

If these uniforms actually came to be, I may not be a Broncos fan today. I'M  pretty sure 2 year old Andy (or maybe younger) was first attracted to the Broncos because of the orange uniforms.  

Luckily, we'll never know! Hell, maybe Id even grow up liking the Chargers. :puke:(Cringes)

Thank you Broncos for being orange! 

Hmm. Not a bad look honestly. I'd switch the colors of the numbers to white with orange outline though. Seems like orange numbers  might have been hard to see on (whatever you call that shade of) blue jerseys

Interesting concept, but I'm glad they stuck with orange, and glad they've come back around to it today.

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hmm. Not a bad look honestly. I'd switch the colors of the numbers to white with orange outline though. Seems like orange numbers  might have been hard to see on (whatever you call that shade of) blue jerseys

White numbers with orange outline, with the blue helmet and white pants, would have looked a lot like the Giants.  Glad they went with orange jerseys.

These look kinda like Edmonton Oliers esque jerseys which is interesting because Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is from Edmonton...

What coulda been I guess.