2016 NBA Offseason thread

Cujo

Wondering what changes Nike will bring to the NBA, particularly to the Lakers.  Since Kobe retired, I think they should tweak their jerseys again, or at least blend the past two generations of jerseys.  I am starting to grow weary of the side panels...

Untitled.jpg

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Wondering what changes Nike will bring to the NBA, particularly to the Lakers.  Since Kobe retired, I think they should tweak their jerseys again, or at least blend the past two generations of jerseys.  I am starting to grow weary of the side panels...

Untitled.jpg

Me too. I'm not a fan of the Lakers jerseys for a few years now. Your idea is good, would make them look a lot better.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

After 32 years on KNBR-AM, the Warriors will change radio partners and go to KGMZ-FM, the rival all-sports station.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2016/08/25/warriors-jump-knbr-95-7-fm-game-means-whats-next-tom-tolbert/

The team was angry that too many conflicts with the Giants forced them to an alternate AM channel owned by Cumulus. However, they're leaving the station which had the Giants and 49ers to be at a station which currently had both the A's and (for now) Raiders.

• 3 weeks later...

Woj had a podcast about the shoe legacies of Shaq, Yao, and of course A.I.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vertical-pod-with-woj--sneaker-legacies-143332264.html

Thing is, I recall earlier Reebok kicks (Blacktops and The Pump) more than I do any of Iverson's. I remember I bought a pair of Vince's Puma "vincanity" shoes though. Hell, early Shaq was Reebok too. Don't remember those, but I had multiple pairs of Ewings.

Reebok did a terrible job marketing AI's shoes.  Starting with the name - the "question"?  I get that one of Iverson's nicknames waas "the answer", but that's a stupid name for shoes.  Secondly, the commercials all sucked (and there weren't that many), and the shoe design was unremarkable.  Nike's marketing department could have made AI one of the top-5 all time stars (unless they ended up dropping him for all his off-the-court nonsense that should have landed him in prison several times.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've never been much of a sneaker guy, but I remember seeing Iverson shoes and gear everywhere - certainly more than you see KD stuff now.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but apparently the Ewing shoes are having a bit of a comeback? Good for him, though those shoes look like 1992 personified.

I forgot Shaq was Reebok. I'm only familiar with the Payless brand. It's nice of to brand affordable shoes, but Marbury did it better. I have a pair of Starburys floating around; they're really terrible shoes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I've never been much of a sneaker guy, but I remember seeing Iverson shoes and gear everywhere - certainly more than you see KD stuff now.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but apparently the Ewing shoes are having a bit of a comeback? Good for him, though those shoes look like 1992 personified.

I forgot Shaq was Reebok. I'm only familiar with the Payless brand. It's nice of to brand affordable shoes, but Marbury did it better. I have a pair of Starburys floating around; they're really terrible shoes.

As the pod reminded us....talll guys don't sell shoes

30 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Reebok did a terrible job marketing AI's shoes.  Starting with the name - the "question"?  I get that one of Iverson's nicknames waas "the answer", but that's a stupid name for shoes.  Secondly, the commercials all sucked (and there weren't that many), and the shoe design was unremarkable.  Nike's marketing department could have made AI one of the top-5 all time stars (unless they ended up dropping him for all his off-the-court nonsense that should have landed him in prison several times.)

Reebok was the company and who made the annuity so ugly kicks = not being broke at 41.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived