McElroy19

McElroy's Tucson Fix (Updated 6/24)

Recommended Posts

Howdy Guy's so after reading the comments on the Road Runners new logo and needing a break from the problems of my own logo I decided to put together a way, in my eyes, the could fix the new logo. Let me know what you guys think! 

 

TusRR.jpg

 

And also a jersey obviously based off of the current and Kachina Coyotes jerseysTusconRoadRunners.jpg

 

Let me know what you guys think! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice update to the logo.  Makes it look more intimidating.

For the jersey, the only part I'm not so sure about is the white sleeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love all of it, but that logo still bugs me. Your update is still really good, but I just don't think it looks good on the front of a jersey. I also dislike having the 'AZ' on the roadrunner's jersey but nowhere on the real jersey.

 

Also putting the player number on the collar-flap thing is really interesting and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I really love all of it, but that logo still bugs me. Your update is still really good, but I just don't think it looks good on the front of a jersey. I also dislike having the 'AZ' on the roadrunner's jersey but nowhere on the real jersey.

 

Also putting the player number on the collar-flap thing is really interesting and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I totally agree with you I think much like the pens logo it needs something behind it. I also agree that the AZ is funny on front If it were up to me I'd drop it or maybe put the coyotes primary there. 

 

As for the collar numbers it's something the Griffins have done on a couple of their jerseys I think it's a neat little touch, something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the updated logo. I'd maybe make the iris (the colored portion of the eye) red instead of sand to help it stand up more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a million times better than what they unveiled, like it's not even close. Springfield got it right, why not Tucson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nash61 said:

This is a million times better than what they unveiled, like it's not even close. Springfield got it right, why not Tucson?

Because Springfield actually hired this guy, the Coyotes went the cheap route and used their in-house people.

 

This is an improvement over the current one, maybe get rid of the logo's jersey logo, and put it on an Arizona silhouette, like the WHA Roadrunners did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay Guys couple Updates, Changed the eye a bit and I have a uniform set up closer to the Coyotes current uniforms and then what they started with. let me know what you think!

 

TusRR2.jpg

TusRR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A huge improvement, but the beak looks a little too much like a duck bill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could go full Inception and put the roadrunner with a blank jersey INSIDE the other roadrunner's jersey.

 

Regardless, Coyotes striping for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

You could go full Inception and put the roadrunner with a blank jersey INSIDE the other roadrunner's jersey.

 

Regardless, Coyotes striping for sure.

Inception it is

 

TusconRoadRunners.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who would have a vested interest (I already have season tix, and plan on buying a jersey, as long as they aren't atrocities), I'd lose the logo-ception. It's well executed, but whimsical for all the wrong reasons. 

 

Other than that, my only critique is that I think it should have copper in it. That was a big talking point in the reveal, and it sounds like they'll give it a good amount of use on the sweaters. 

 

All-in-all, great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

As someone who would have a vested interest (I already have season tix, and plan on buying a jersey, as long as they aren't atrocities), I'd lose the logo-ception. It's well executed, but whimsical for all the wrong reasons. 

 

Other than that, my only critique is that I think it should have copper in it. That was a big talking point in the reveal, and it sounds like they'll give it a good amount of use on the sweaters. 

 

All-in-all, great work.

It might be too busy, but if there had to be copper, I'd change the uppermost non-kachina sand stripe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

 I'd lose the logo-ception. It's well executed, but whimsical for all the wrong reasons. 

 

True, but imagine a uniform inside a logo inside a jersey inside a logo inside a uniform.

 

Good jerseys, though. I don't like the alternate; it's really bland. it needs white or another aspect to spice it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I would suggest for the alternate is use that same design pattern from the home and away for the alternate, but like @Zeus89725 said, use another aspect to give it a feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2016 at 5:37 PM, McElroy19 said:

Updated the jerseys what do you guys think?

TusconRoadRunners.jpg

I like the new set. I'm torn on that Alt, though. I like that it's the jersey in the logo. On the other hand, unless they're using the 3rd as a pilot program or test of a new main, I always prefer to see something new and unique, with a different logo or a wordmark.

 

Nothing wrong with your concept, just my own commentary on alternates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I like the new set. I'm torn on that Alt, though. I like that it's the jersey in the logo. On the other hand, unless they're using the 3rd as a pilot program or test of a new main, I always prefer to see something new and unique, with a different logo or a wordmark.

 

Nothing wrong with your concept, just my own commentary on alternates.

 

Yeah I agree I just thought someone had said I'd like to see an Alt With the jersey the Road Runner is wearing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.