2016 MLB All-Star Game Caps

MJD7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Why have green on the Red Sox? I know they have the green monster, but that isn't their color

Well, no, green is not an official color. The Red Sox do, however, seem to use it in quite a few different logos of theirs. Especially considering the presence Fenway Park has not only in the history of the Red Sox, but it the city of Boston itself, it made it more of a "why not" sort of thing.  

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

How about adding the eyelets to the throwback caps? :)

All-Star Game Hats Throwback - Copy.png

4 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Would love to see the eylets like the star design for this years game

I'm gonna be honest I was not a big fan of the stars when those hats came out, as it seemed a bit excessive to be there along with the stars in the back. Nevertheless, here is a look at what that would be like:

All-Star Game Hats 2 - Copy.png

On 6/30/2016 at 7:42 PM, MJD7 said:

I definitely get what you're saying about trying to avoid white and gray, but idk.. One thing that I found interesting about the original is that none of the teams had the same front/back/piping color combination. Doing this would eliminate some white and gray, which is good (making it more like the Padres), but would also cause some repeats of colors. I tried to compromise a bit.

But idk, maybe that's just me. Let me know what you all think!

I see what your saying.

Nats: Way better. They look similar to the Cardinals but not so much and I think its good.

Blue Jays:The dark blue looks good, but it needs some red. Maybe the striping?

Angles/Indians: I see the issue...Keep one white...Or use the cream color from the Indians alternate.

Cubs/Dodgers: I see the issue..The Dodgers could have a blue front, which would look a bit like the Phillies but their shade are very different.

14 hours ago, mee said:

I see what your saying.

Nats: Way better. They look similar to the Cardinals but not so much and I think its good.

Blue Jays:The dark blue looks good, but it needs some red. Maybe the striping?

Although the Blue Jays are one of the ones where I like the white the most, here are some options:Blue Jays post 2.png

14 hours ago, mee said:

Angles/Indians: I see the issue...Keep one white...Or use the cream color from the Indians alternate.

Since the Indians wouldn't wear their alternate for the ASG, I would probably want to keep the Angels white, but let me know what you think.

14 hours ago, mee said:

Cubs/Dodgers: I see the issue..The Dodgers could have a blue front, which would look a bit like the Phillies but their shade are very different.

LA is the one I'm most hesitant about. I would honestly rather the one on the right over having too much red, because the only time it's used on the jersey is the front number.Dodgers post 3.png

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

None of those look as good as the originals you came up with, in my opinion.

18 hours ago, mee said:

For the Jays the most right looks good enough without the red...

For the Dodgers yes go with the grey back. Unique as well as no other team has a gray back.

I definitely understand the precedent of trying to avoid white or gray, because that's what I set out for at the beginning, to use as many different colors as possible. However, for some teams, it simply didn't work. For the Dodgers and some of the others, it could be argued that their secondary color is a white or gray, moreso than red at least.

Here are some last-second updates to some of the hats that I might consider, depending on the reactions they get of what you guys think. So here we go:

Here is a possible switch of orange and black for the Orioles, making them less similar to the Giants, and therefore pretty much the rest of the league. Let me know what you all think:

Orioles post 2.png

I'm seriously considering switching the Cubs front panel to red, to further differentiate from the Dodgers. If anyone thinks that switching makes them too close to the Rangers now, let me know. Here is a side-by-side comparison:Cubs post 1.png

Would anyone prefer that I switch the black and purple for the Rockies? I'm torn on this one:

Rockies post 1.png

Since the Tigers will be wearing their home uniforms this year, the only way the orange hat would look good is if they had orange cleats to balance, like they have the past couple of years. Would anyone prefer a white front?

Tigers post 1.png

Also, since the Mets will be wearing road uniforms, would anyone want to see a little bit of gray added?

Mets post 1.png

Lastly, here is a Padres version that incorporates the "Battleship Gray" that is seen in the All-Star Game logo. Anyone can let me know whether you like this version better:Padres post 1.png

That's it for now, all comments/criticisms are welcome!

After now seeing the real All-Star Game hats in person, I am even more disappointed in how they turned out looking..

In light of that, here is the most recent update and possibly the last, depending on how much reception they get.

The only change I decided to actually go with is the Mets in order to add that little bit of gray. Also, although I like the blue and yellow Brewers hat more by itself, I decided to change it to navy and gold because the mismatch of the navy and royal just looks silly in the real game.All-Star Game Hats - Copy.png

Big thanks to anyone who has followed this so far, and once again, all comments/criticisms are encouraged!

On July 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM, MJD7 said:

Here are some last-second updates to some of the hats that I might consider, depending on the reactions they get of what you guys think. So here we go:

Here is a possible switch of orange and black for the Orioles, making them less similar to the Giants, and therefore pretty much the rest of the league. Let me know what you all think:

Orioles post 2.png

I'm seriously considering switching the Cubs front panel to red, to further differentiate from the Dodgers. If anyone thinks that switching makes them too close to the Rangers now, let me know. Here is a side-by-side comparison:Cubs post 1.png

Would anyone prefer that I switch the black and purple for the Rockies? I'm torn on this one:

Rockies post 1.png

Since the Tigers will be wearing their home uniforms this year, the only way the orange hat would look good is if they had orange cleats to balance, like they have the past couple of years. Would anyone prefer a white front?

Tigers post 1.png

Also, since the Mets will be wearing road uniforms, would anyone want to see a little bit of gray added?

Mets post 1.png

Lastly, here is a Padres version that incorporates the "Battleship Gray" that is seen in the All-Star Game logo. Anyone can let me know whether you like this version better:Padres post 1.png

That's it for now, all comments/criticisms are welcome!

Honestly, I think the original versions of all of those caps are better than the updated ones. I could go either way on the Mets one because the gray is such a subtle difference. 

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Honestly, I think the original versions of all of those caps are better than the updated ones. I could go either way on the Mets one because the gray is such a subtle difference. 

I figured as much. Most of them were just shots to see if anyone would have a strong reaction one way or another honestly.

The two most legitimate chances were like you said the Mets, and also the Cubs to differ a bit from the Dodgers.

I wish MLB did something Padres or San Diego themed for this years game, but oh well. I am starting to think of ideas for Miami next year as well, but I'm having a kind of tough time..

I was really hoping for at least a little bit more reaction to the concept as a whole, does anyone else have any remarks or suggestions? 

Archived