Sign in to follow this  
smzimbabwe

New Lahti Pelicans logo

Sorry, not New Orleans. The Pelicans of the Finnish Liiga went from this cartoony logo

d1ffde05a5c94a9988ac65781967aa38.jpg

to this:e3132e64a519444c864cbcd31fdee1e1.jpg

Ah man, I actually always liked Lahti's (now previous) logo. I'm a sucker for the cartoonish, so I'd always kinda dug it and thought it had a sort of Orioles-ish charm to it. As far as European Hockey logos were concerned, it was always up there with Jokerit, Frolunda, and the Hamburg Freezers' mask logo as my favorites.

This new one looks...awkward. Kind of a strange design. Almost looks like a Madden Create-A-Team style Pelican, which isn't at all a good thing.

I get what they're trying to do with this update, but the execution fails. The way the top of the beak and the letters flow along the same general path would look nice if the details within the bird weren't so thin.

If they had to change anything about the now previous logo, they should've just fixed the letters leaving the bird mostly the same.

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

Sorry, no, let’s not roll with misleading titles.

Haha please tell me someone hit the report button on this

Very strange. If they removed the Pelicans wordmark it would take me a while to figure out what I was looking at. 

11 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Sorry, no, let’s not roll with misleading titles.

What was misleading about it? So I take it you would find it too confusing if I said the Blues were changing their name and logo? Because they are...

tzOFxNcw.jpg

I'm talking about George W. Smith
From city council, he ran in '93
Out in Oakland, you probably didn't hear about him

cHBWo8.gif

That's a downgrade. If the Stanley Cup Champs can have a silly, cartoony bird logo, then why not Lahti's team as well?

20 hours ago, NeverSayNever said:

Pelicans are simply a bad name for a sports team. It just is.

Gotta disagree, the pelicans from NOLA are pulling it off in every way. They have one of the best logos in the NBA, maybe in pro sports .