2016-17 NBA "Olds Faces, New Places" -- FAs, Rookies & Traded Players

Josh.0

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 1:09 AM, MCM0313 said:

That's wild that there'd be two guys with names that similar and they'd both play for the same team. I mean, I know the older one isn't still there but even so.

It could be just a common name like John Smith for all we know

1 hour ago, Justin7218 said:

SUNS 3 PICKS.jpg

I couldve sworn Bender was getting traded to Sacramento once the approvals came (first week of July, right?). Seems strange that they'd still introduce him as a Sun if he was packing up and leaving within a week. Is that not happening now, or is it still and they just wanted to include him? 

EDIT: I suppose on second thought, perhaps in the event the trade doesn't get approved, they'll have already introduced him and wouldn't have to later. Still kinda odd though.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I couldve sworn Bender was getting traded to Sacramento once the approvals came (first week of July, right?). Seems strange that they'd still introduce him as a Sun if he was packing up and leaving within a week. Is that not happening now, or is it still and they just wanted to include him? 

EDIT: I suppose on second thought, perhaps in the event the trade doesn't get approved, they'll have already introduced him and wouldn't have to later. Still kinda odd though.

Bender wasn't part of that trade. It was the 13th and 28th picks.

4 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

What about that dude:

031407_luke.jpg

Yeah, Luke Schenscher wore 45 in 2006. Rasual Butler also wore it in 2011. Not sure why people are getting mad at Valentine. He's not the first to wear 45 after Jordan, and probably won't be the last.

30 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Ah gotcha, thanks! Just had a little mix up I guess.

And re: Valentine, I think it's really absurd if people are getting upset at him taking #45. While 45 represents Jordan's return, yes, its still a rather inconsequential number in comparison to 23 and the legacy behind it. Let the kid try and make his own with 45.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

Wow. I'm surprised a rookie could tell team management to bite his "shiny metal ass" and still be on the team. He must be pretty good.

10 minutes ago, lost_limey said:

Wondering if Ibaka's going to wear 9 in Orlando, seeing as Vucevic currently has it.

Wikipedia has Ibaka listed as #7. But, Wikipedia's not the most credible source, so I don't think anything's confirmed yet.

2 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

How is that interesting? He wore the same number in college. 

As others have mentioned...Google Michael Jordan 1995.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Jordan cant own both numbers

He'll always be associated with both numbers though.  

Kobe can't own 8 and 24...yet...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived