MiLB | South Atlantic League logo rebrand

Go Red Sox!

Just a tiny project. The South Atlantic League (SAL) has one of the dullest marks in the entire MiLB. So I decided to give it some new, vibrant colors and a simple, modern, MiLB-worthy overall look.

Gold is replaced with a deep ocean blue (PANTONE 288 C) and some juicy grass-green (PANTONE 7480 C). The 14 stars inside the circle represent the total number of teams playing in the SAL. 

current%20logo_zpsvrmzva0u.gif

Before...

South%20Atlantic%20League%20logo_zpsthcj

...and after

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

56 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Woah, cool

why did you choose green and blue for the colors?

anyway great job

Thanks! 

Firstly, I chose green as a second color together with dark blue because they're harmonizing well. And secondly, because six of the 14 teams are based in the Carolinas, two states with plenty of grassy landscapes, like the Appalachian-Blue Ridge forests, or specifically the subtropical coniferous forest biome in SC.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

18 hours ago, OliverP said:

I like it, especially the colors and the stars for baseball seams. Always been a fan of your work and this one doesn't disappoint. 

(*secretly hoping for a Kannapolis Intimidators logo redesign*)

Thanks a lot, Oliver.

The Intimidators definitely have the worst identity in the entire MiLB. Firstly, I would consider changing their name. Secondly, I would also update their color scheme. Maybe this is going to become a future project of mine? We'll see!

2 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

Thanks a lot, Oliver.

The Intimidators definitely have the worst identity in the entire MiLB. Firstly, I would consider changing their name. Secondly, I would also update their color scheme. Maybe this is going to become a future project of mine? We'll see!

I'd love to see some minor league baseball charm sprinkled all over that ball club. I hope you muster up the inspiration needed to pull the project off. 

I must say, I like the way you thought about the color scheme and using the green to represent the grassy landscapes throughout mostly the Carolinas. That was a great idea. The blue goes well with it as well, I agree, they need to "pep" up this logo.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

It's really cool to me to see the SAL on the boards! I live really close to the Lexington Legends so I go to games all the time!

As for the logo I think you certainly knocked it out of the park. The colors work really well to me, and the logo gives off the perfect minor league feel to me.

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

Archived