2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Are the Bills serious? Why so much white on white this year? Holy :censored:. You just lost in that :censored:ty combo last time you wore it so how bout wear those nice blue pants and give us a nice looking uniform match-up. Instead we get all white vs all black. The Bills wore this exact combo back in 2011 when they played at Cinci. God forbid they give us something new and exciting.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Are the Bills serious? Why so much white on white this year? Holy :censored:. You just lost in that :censored:ty combo last time you wore it so how bout wear those nice blue pants and give us a nice looking uniform match-up. Instead we get all white vs all black. The Bills wore this exact combo back in 2011 when they played at Cinci. God forbid they give us something new and exciting.

I concur....

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I honestly can't believe I'm watching someone get so cheesed over a classic-look team with white in their color scheme wearing a white-on-white away uniform. (NTM that Cincy already made this matchup a lost cause from the start)

On 11/17/2016 at 10:29 AM, CitizenTino said:

Browns announce they are going orange/white/orange vs Pittsburgh.

Release the hounds, board!

Browns' management seems to have preferred orange over brown since their reinstatement in '99. Brown isn't all that appealing of a color I guess, but it certainly is unique in that very few sports teams use that color, and none in the NFL (other than Cleveland).

NSFCvyu.png

In a perfect world:

Browns = brown dominant team, orange secondary

Bengals = orange dominant team, black secondary

Ravens = purple dominant team, gold secondary, black tertiary

Steelers = black dominant team, athletic gold (yellow) secondary

NSFCvyu.png

On 11/17/2016 at 8:29 AM, CitizenTino said:

Browns announce they are going orange/white/orange vs Pittsburgh.

Release the hounds, board!

I still like the color brown (for the Browns), and I think most Browns fans do, too. I don't think any push for a switch to full-time orange (if one even exists) has anything to do with people liking (or not liking) the color; it has just about everything to do with primarily orange numbers on a brown jersey.

While the Browns should wear, well, brown as their primary color (even though that fact that a team named the Browns wears brown is far more coincidental than one would think, as has been discussed), the orange jersey is the best of their current set, if for the sole reason that the color distribution is the most balanced. The middle sleeve (cap) stripes match the primary number color (white), which contrasts best with the primary jersey color (orange; yes, the newer, deeper orange contrasts better with white than the unchanged brown IMO). The gigantic "CLEVELAND"  also stands out while giving priority to the numbers.

Compare that with the other jerseys in the set. The white jersey, which, while OK with orange numbers, would be better serviced by brown numerals w/an orange upshadow, orange-brown-orange striping (because the Browns have historically worn orange/brown/orange on their white pants), and, if you must, an orange "CLEVELAND" (which should be secondary to the numbers). The brown jerseys wouldn't have nearly as many issues with white numerals and an orange upshadow, and would also match the orange/white/orange pattern on the sleeve( caps)s, and an orange "CLEVELAND" would remain noticeable but remain secondary to the numerals.

(Of course, I'd shrink the CLEVELAND script significantly--by about 50% at the very least--and cut the stripes back a ways, but that's a different enough topic to return to in another post.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 11/17/2016 at 7:37 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Lol, we lose in everything. So that theory doesn't really work anymore. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

(Insert snarky topical comment here)

v07g5ihyxgyx.jpg

I don't understand why for these international games they bother to put the visiting team's wordmark in one end zone while decking out the rest of the field/stadium in the home team's stuff. Either go all the way for the team giving up a home game or go 50/50 like a true neutral site game.

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

I don't understand why for these international games they bother to put the visiting team's wordmark in one end zone while decking out the rest of the field/stadium in the home team's stuff. Either go all the way for the team giving up a home game or go 50/50 like a true neutral site game.

I don't understand all these precious regular-season home games being moved internationally.  Three in London every season, and now this one at that awful soccer stadium in smoggy México City. Losing these home games also hurts the local economies of the club who loses 1 of their 8 home games.

Oakland is in the playoff hunt and the home team, and now they're losing out on some valuable home support. If Al Davis was still alive I find it very hard to fathom that he would have gone for playing a regular-season home game abroad, or seeing his Raiders dressed in color-rush uniforms on a Thursday night.

Sagging TV ratings, overselling commercial time which slows down the momentum of the game, moving precious regular-season home games abroad, PSL's, price-gouging on team apparel and stadium food and parking.  There's no end to the NFL's greed, and it's just

going to get worse. How much $$ is ever going to be enough?

I really think that Goodell needs to go away, and at the start of his reign I thought he was gonna be a good commissioner. I was wrong..

As a Raiders fan, I don't mind the International games and find them to be really fun. I was excited for that game they had against the Dolphins in London back in 2014 but it turned out to be one of our worst games ever.

I just have a soft spot for neutral site games in any sport. It's always interesting.

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

As a Raiders fan, I don't mind the International games and find them to be really fun. I was excited for that game they had against the Dolphins in London back in 2014 but it turned out to be one of our worst games ever.

I just have a soft spot for neutral site games in any sport. It's always interesting.

You as an Oakland Raiders fan, that game at Wembley against Miami in 2014 did not cost Oakland a home game, that was a Miami home game.

This time it costs Oakland and now they only have 7 games at the Oakland  Alameda Coliseum or whatever they're calling it these days. 

The soccer-football teams in the English Premier league get 19 home games and if they ever played one of those games abroad the fans across the pond would riot. That's why they play their preseason games abroad in July.

Sorry, I beg to differ and I still believe Al Davis would not like losing regular season home support for any of their 8 home games. 

Archived