2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

10 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

So the jets aren't doing anything special for color rush?

"white" is the Jets color rush "color" this year so as not infuriate the colorblind like last season.  Not sure if that means they're just wearing their normal white jerseys/pants, or if they'll have basically a white alt. The league hasnt really released anything yet.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

"white" is the Jets color rush "color" this year so as not infuriate the colorblind like last season.  Not sure if that means they're just wearing their normal white jerseys/pants, or if they'll have basically a white alt. The league hasnt really released anything yet.  

Actually the Jets have 2 color rush games this year. Games that are part of the Thursday broadcast package are color rush with the only exception being the Giants/Rams game in London as the league always wants teams to wear "normal" uniforms for the international games. Word I have heard is the Jets will wear all white for this game against the Bills due to the colorblind issue as you stated, but will have be wearing the same color rush as last year for the Dec 17th game against Miami.

It is expected they'll be in mono white but perhaps their shade of green may be lighter or chrome to make it still different. They can't wear all green again after last year's colorblind fiasco; but wearing green for the Dolphins game means Miami is going orange, right? No way they can do green vs aqua. 

Go A's!

28 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

It is expected they'll be in mono white but perhaps their shade of green may be lighter or chrome to make it still different. They can't wear all green again after last year's colorblind fiasco; but wearing green for the Dolphins game means Miami is going orange, right? No way they can do green vs aqua. 

It is possible the Dolphins go mono white against the Jets as they will be using their "real" color rush against the Bengals. They could wear them for both games but I haven't gotten any confirmation on what they are doing for the Jets.

I love seeing every team in the AFC east wearing their colored pants instead of white. Hopefully it stays this way.

On another note, it's interesting how every team that wore white at home lost aside from the Texans who play in a dome. The Ravens and Eagles finally wore their colored jerseys opening day and won, whereas all the other teams lost (Titans, Saints, Jags, Jets). Maybe there is no advantage and the heat affects everyone similarly enough that it doesn't matter and you should wear your colors, especially when your hosting a team that won't play in your stadium for another 8 years.

23 hours ago, canzman said:

Actually the Jets have 2 color rush games this year. Games that are part of the Thursday broadcast package are color rush with the only exception being the Giants/Rams game in London as the league always wants teams to wear "normal" uniforms for the international games. Word I have heard is the Jets will wear all white for this game against the Bills due to the colorblind issue as you stated, but will have be wearing the same color rush as last year for the Dec 17th game against Miami.

Dolphins Color Rush uniform is all orange so I assume the Jets will wear the all white for that game as well.  Otherwise all green vs all orange is going to recreate the same issue you had in last year's Bills game. 

4 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Dolphins Color Rush uniform is all orange so I assume the Jets will wear the all white for that game as well.  Otherwise all green vs all orange is going to recreate the same issue you had in last year's Bills game. 

Jets are home team so the Dolphins would be forced to go all white if the league thinks it will be an issue not the Jets.

23 hours ago, canzman said:

Jets are home team so the Dolphins would be forced to go all white if the league thinks it will be an issue not the Jets.

I hope so, The Kelly Green was awesome. 

...if only they can were those jerseys all year instead of the current green/brown ones lol

CONFIRMATION:

• The Chargers will wear white for their first two home games — in Weeks 2 & 4 vs. the Jaguars and Saints, respectively.
  • The Chargers will wear their alternate powder blue jerseys twice — vs. the Titans and Raiders in Weeks 9 & 15, respectively.
  • With their color rush game vs. the Broncos in Week 6, BY THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION, there will be only three home games in which the Chargers will wear their standard navy blue jerseys — vs. the Dolphins, Buccaneers and Chiefs in Weeks 10, 13 & 17, respectively.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers/sdut-chargers-color-rush-uniforms-jerseys-2016sep13-story.html

Archived