Chiefs @ Texans
JlEheB2.jpgwecqGS9.jpg
Titans @ Lions
zksJ8le.jpg2jiHIIy.jpg
Ravens @ Browns
QjaxqjN.jpgQWvE27i.jpg
Seahawks @ Rams
siEP2wS.jpgCqwoTBt.jpg

DANG IT! Dumb move by the Rams to not wear their throwbacks in their first regular season game. They have two games to wear them and decide not to wear them at one of the most important games in their history.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams going throwback for their first home game in LA is the obvious choice and they did right by doing this. 

Living in LA, the thing I notice everywhere when it comes to the Rams is that any logo, wordmark about the team is strictly blue and white. No gold. No yellow. So it's clear that the team is testing out the waters of returning to that color scheme. I will embrace it, I like it. I just think it's really interesting that they are recoloring their current logo as if it was a sly thing. It's just everywhere here. 

Go A's!

10 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Rams going throwback for their first home game in LA is the obvious choice and they did right by doing this. 

Living in LA, the thing I notice everywhere when it comes to the Rams is that any logo, wordmark about the team is strictly blue and white. No gold. No yellow. So it's clear that the team is testing out the waters of returning to that color scheme. I will embrace it, I like it. I just think it's really interesting that they are recoloring their current logo as if it was a sly thing. It's just everywhere here. 

I really don't think the blue and white logos everywhere are an indication that they are planning to go with that color scheme in the future, I think they are just simply distancing themselves from the drab vegas gold for the time being until they move to the new stadium in 2019 and can embrace the blue and yellow full time again. It's a good happy medium in my mind because the navy and white logos, wordmarks, etc. still fit in decently well with the current uniforms while at the same time making it clear that they want no part in the vegas gold going forward. If they were to use the blue and yellow in all of their marketing schemes, it would clash very badly with the navy and vegas gold uniforms that they are unfortunately stuck with until 2019.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Then wouldn't have been better to embrace the yellow by replacing the gold with it instead of changing their identity to another era of LA Rams football history?

As I said, if they were to embrace the yellow it would clash horribly with the vegas gold that will be present in their official logos and uniforms until 2019. That's the unfortunate reality. By using just blue and white in their marketing schemes, there is still some continuity with their on field appearance, but at the same time they are able to distance themselves from the gold. As an example, if they were to have the banners, posters, endzones, etc. in the Colisseum colored in royal blue and yellow it would clash with the uniforms that the team has to wear except for the two games in the throwbacks. Now they might have it that way for the games where they wear said throwbacks, but having it that way when they have to wear the regular uniforms would look awful. Using navy and white is simply the best solution because they can go away from the gold in their marketing schemes while still maintaining some consistency with their uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, S316 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Browns/status/776793052178448384

Browns are going with white jerseys, brown pants and orange socks at home this week

I guess they think they'll do better than they did in Philly with white over orange. Next week in Miami, as the Dolphins are planning to wear white tops, I wonder what pants Cleveland will wear with the brown jerseys?

Archived