Jump to content

2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos


dherrera_96
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wonder how much the Jags' color rush jerseys have to do with the fact they're playing the Titans and how much have to do with Khan's apparent hatred of teal.

 

When he bought the team, he made the black alts the primary and demoted the teal jersey, then teal is the alternate in the new set and has only been worn once in 4 years now. Atrocious helmet is black and gold instead of black and teal or black with teal flakes (which was awesome by the way.)

 

I think the only reason there's still teal in the color scheme at all is so the fans don't riot. I think if it was up to Khan they'd be fully black and gold.

 

I feel like teal to the Jaguars is the new powder blue of the Chargers. Fans love it/want it, but the owners don't. But at least the Chargers still wear their alts twice a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 10/25/2016 at 11:09 PM, dennisbergan said:

 

Sorry but that's on the road team for wearing orange pants.  The Bengals (as the home team) have the choice to wear what they want (dark or light jersey at home).  The Browns have 3 options of pants to wear on the road and knew the Bengals were wearing orange.  They should have picked either of the other two.

 

The Browns should've used different pants, but the Bengals aren't blameless here. They have a history of wearing their orange jerseys against teams where the orange jersey has poor contrast. They wore it against the Chiefs in red pants last year and the Packers the year before that. It works best when it goes up against a dark color. 

 

9 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

 

They've worn them against the Brownies before.

 

and that was a bad decision at the time as well. 

 

9 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

This one was on Cleveland for their choice.  But really no different then seeing a home team with a navy blue jersey and white pants play against a road team with white jersey and navy pants. I find that highly annoying too.

 

The blame goes to both teams. The Bengals have 7 home games this year and they wear the orange jerseys twice. They could wear them against the Bills, Eagles, Steelers, Broncos, or Ravens and the matchup would be watchable. (Dolphins excluded for color rush reasons, DC excluded because it's in London and the league would probably rather have them in their primaries). Yes the Browns are idiots for knowing well in advance that the Bengals would be in orange and choosing to wear more orange, but it all could've been avoided if the Bengals hadn't been idiots themselves and scheduled the alternate against the one team they shouldn't schedule the alternate. Maybe the Browns thought the confusion would lead a couple lucky interceptions? Either way I think the league should intervene in situations like this. 

 

The brightness of this matchup made it tougher to watch than like a Texans-Bears game. On the AJ Green hail mary it was just a mass of orange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

 

 

The Bills should have worn the throwback 2 weeks in a row, just as NFL rules allow.  Wearing them in Miami would have been brilliant, two AFL  teams in their retro AFL uniforms.  

 

Yeap, the Bills blew that opportunity..

 

I still can't get over the fact that that would've been the first Throwback game with 2 teams wearing Nike throwback uniforms. Could've been uni-matchup of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2016 at 10:25 AM, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 8 (Part2)
Lions @ Texans
3lHu1sQ.jpgwecqGS9.jpg
Jets @ Browns
odhkOad.jpgUJCTZ5E.jpg
Packers @ Falcons
jQKByxE.jpgTUVHgZX.jpg
Patriots @ Bills
w4hD5O6.jpgt69jreV.jpg
Chargers @ Broncos
JcoyC8R.jpgfHT1JHx.jpg

 

So close on the Browns! They just announced they are going orange jersey/white pants/brown socks.

 

I thought they might go mono-orange for Halloween (a combo we have yet to see). It really is virtually impossible to guess their combo every week. There's no rhyme or reason to what they wear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

 

So close on the Browns! They just announced they are going orange jersey/white pants/brown socks.

 

I thought they might go mono-orange for Halloween (a combo we have yet to see). It really is virtually impossible to guess their combo every week. There's no rhyme or reason to what they wear.

 

Well the Browns have worn white in every game except 2. I feel like it's odd for a team to only have 2 home games so far this season. Is that normal?

 

I'd like to see all orange done at least once this season. TNF against the Ravens all purple seems like the perfect time. Something tells me they'll never try it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Well the Browns have worn white in every game except 2. I feel like it's odd for a team to only have 2 home games so far this season. Is that normal?

 

I'd like to see all orange done at least once this season. TNF against the Ravens all purple seems like the perfect time. Something tells me they'll never try it.

I would honestly like to see this sure it would ridiculous but it is better than color vs white in my opinion it is called color rush for a reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

I kind of wish the pats would wear their throwback unis against the bills to match them

They cant because of the stupid helmet rule they could if they really wanted to just change the decals  I would also like to see the pats in red to but what u gonna do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:
I'm happy anytime they wear orange jerseys or pants...
 

 

Me too. The orange jersey is the only one with the proper color usage. Of course, the pants are a joke regardless of color.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2016 at 7:29 AM, VikWings said:

I wonder how much the Jags' color rush jerseys have to do with the fact they're playing the Titans and how much have to do with Khan's apparent hatred of teal.

 

When he bought the team, he made the black alts the primary and demoted the teal jersey, then teal is the alternate in the new set and has only been worn once in 4 years now. Atrocious helmet is black and gold instead of black and teal or black with teal flakes (which was awesome by the way.)

 

I think the only reason there's still teal in the color scheme at all is so the fans don't riot. I think if it was up to Khan they'd be fully black and gold.

 

I feel like teal to the Jaguars is the new powder blue of the Chargers. Fans love it/want it, but the owners don't. But at least the Chargers still wear their alts twice a year.

I was wondering what happened to the teal jerseys. Under their new uniforms, they wore them once against the Chargers, and I thought they looked awesome. It's a shame they don't wear them more often. At least even once a season would be nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saints announce they are wearing all black this week. The photo might also show the uniforms Seattle will wear but they haven't announced anything yet. There goes my hopes for Seattle to wear blue tops and gray pants unless the buccaneers choose white at home week 12

Screenshot_20161029-120935-01.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I were king of the Seahawks - they'd wear blue over grey for half their regular season home games.   B/B for the other half, and blue over white for the two preseason home games.  We haven't seen W/W since the first game last season - it would be nice to see indoors on clean turf.  Blue pants are best on natural grass.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.