2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/31/2016 at 5:48 AM, s3ahawkz said:

Are the Bills wearing their throwbacks again next week?

Unfortunately no.

The Bills were practicing today (Thursday) in the Fieldhouse at One Bills Drive and they were back in the regular helmet design.

If we were gonna be in the throwbacks on Monday night the equipment staff wouldn't have reverted the helmets back to the regular designed ones.

As  far is the pants go, I think Canzman may have gotten this one wrong. For some reason I feel that we'll go white on white on Monday night due to Seattle in their awful monochrome blue.  Sorry to you Seattle fans, no offense intended, but I was just as critical of the Bills from 2002 through 2010 when the Buffalo wore that horrible monochrome midnight navy. Seattle could definitely improve their home uniforms by going to the wolf gray pants at home and they'd look so much better.

If the Bills wore blue pants the match up would be an overkill of blue, but I'm sure @BillsEquipment will tweet out the uniform set sometime tomorrow (Friday).

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

Seattle could definitely improve their home uniforms by going to the wolf gray pants at home and they'd look so much better.

They aren't going to, so there's no need to keep bringing it up all the time.

The Hawks have been wearing all blue at home for going on 15 straight years now.  Its not going to change.  Whether they'd look better or not.

4 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Why isn't the NFL being more strict about the socks like they usually are? Did the Falcons run out of white or something

The NFL seems to be asleep at the wheel with socks and shoes lately.  Now that they've gone to the "team shoe" garbage, more clowns are getting away with stuff they shouldn't be.  And the socks have been a mess for a while.  Maybe guys still get fined but who knows? I guess some of these 20-somethings like donating money to charity for the hell of it?  A few of them probably will wish they had some of that cash a few years from now when they are flat broke.

Its still not close to as ridiculous as the NBA, which has literally no rules and their players look like fools.  But its getting closer to them unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Thursday Night Football has now switched to being an NBC production with an all new graphics package and Al Michaels in the booth. It looks way better.

Sounded much better too.

Not having to listen to Phil Simms bore everyone to death for 3 hours was refreshing.  Michaels and Collinsworth are a strong team.

14 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

They aren't going to, so there's no need to keep bringing it up all the time.

The Hawks have been wearing all blue at home for going on 15 straight years now.  It's not going to change. Whether they'd look better or not.

I've been on this board for quite a long time and I have never commented on the home uniform combination of the Seattle Seahawks, so I have no idea what you're on about.

15 straight years means nothing as far as changing or tweaking an NFL uniform.  A perfect example are the Washington Redskins who wore white pants with their burgundy jerseys for much longer than 15 years and they've since switched to yellow pants when wearing that jersey for their home games. They also used to wear white jerseys with burgundy pants for their home games, and that occurred for a much longer period of time than 15 years, so by you emphatically stating "it's not going to change", well that has no merit whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. Anything is possible.

11 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I truly love seeing teams forcing Dallas into wearing their navy jerseys.

Even though I have been a Cowboys fan for almost 40 years, I'd love to see them force themselves into wearing blue [at home] more often. If the Dolphins are starting to wear aqua at home for more than just prime-time games, why can't Dallas get on the bandwagon?

6 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Dallas apparently wears white at home because it wants the fans to see the other teams colors so they should just wear their navy jerseys at home against division opponents because they play them twice a year anyway

That's not why... in the 1960s general manager Tex Schramm wanted a single look for his team that every fan would see, whether they were playing at home or on the road. It was about branding for TV, which he saw was  going to become the most important aspect of the NFL's future. Whenever you tuned into a cowboys game, from a visual standpoint, you saw the same team. 

14 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I truly love seeing teams forcing Dallas into wearing their navy jerseys.

Yeah I remember reading about the eagles this trick during I think it was the 1980 playoffs and beat them pretty good continuing the belief that the blue jerseys are a curse

. .

I really miss Dallas' throwbacks based on their 1960-1963 uniform set. 

Quite possibly one of the several reasons that the NFL TV ratings are tanking this season.  That one-helmet rule need to go away.  Throwback uniforms (especially in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy matchups) are alot of fun, and as Richard Sherman was saying the other day "The NFL has taken away the fun in the game"

These Dallas faux throwbacks are among the top ones on my list.  I would have loved to have seen them in an 'away' version with white jerseys and the blue shoulder yokes with the big white star.  Wow!

I'm not really superstitious, or believe that a uniform can jinx the Cowboys or any other club. I really like Dallas' current-day navy blue jersey uniforms, but what I like best are the silver pants that are matched up with them. There's no hint of green in the silver and they match the silver helmets so much better.

Image result for dallas cowboys at kansas city chiefs 2009    Dallas Cowboys v Kansas City Chiefs

And personally IMO, the Cowboys need to stop acting like babies, and stop this blue jersey curse for crying out loud.  Were well into the 21st century and the Cowboys are still believe they are cursed wearing the blue jerseys all the time, where most NFL teams wear dark jerseys at home (and road games if the home teams where white due to heat and humidity) and doesn't affect them.  I would really love to see the Cowboys wear blue jerseys at home for at least half of their regular season home games.  Maybe if they do, then they wouldn't have home teams wear white jerseys and have the Cowboys force to wear blue on the road.

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

And personally IMO, the Cowboys need to stop acting like babies, and stop this blue jersey curse for crying out loud.  Were well into the 21st century and the Cowboys are still believe they are cursed wearing the blue jerseys all the time, where most NFL teams wear dark jerseys at home (and road games if the home teams where white due to heat and humidity) and doesn't affect them.  I would really love to see the Cowboys wear blue jerseys at home for at least half of their regular season home games.  Maybe if they do, then they wouldn't have home teams wear white jerseys and have the Cowboys force to wear blue on the road.

I'm even thinking about what Dallas will wear at home vs the Redskins on Thanksgiving--their usual whites, or will they wear blue like 2013 or 2014 since they're gonna wear their "Color Rush" set against the Vikings.

Archived