2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

2 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Not sure if serious?

That's the exact reason they gave. Brown and Purple look pretty similar for people who are color blind. The NFL isn't risking another incident like the Christmas colors game from last year. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the planning behind the Color Rush uniforms. Obviously the NFL and Nike knew the matchups beforehand. Why would they create uniforms that teams would never be able to wear. Why not design an orange uniform for the Browns, Falcons wear black, Cardinals wear red, etc. 

30 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't understand the planning behind the Color Rush uniforms. Obviously the NFL and Nike knew the matchups beforehand. Why would they create uniforms that teams would never be able to wear. Why not design an orange uniform for the Browns, Falcons wear black, Cardinals wear red, etc. 

Teams tell Nike what they want and the process was started 2 years ago well before the match-ups were known.

On 11/6/2016 at 2:12 PM, upperV03 said:

The Cowboys' navy jerseys and regularly colored silver pants is such a beautiful look. I understand the history behind the white and royal jerseys with the silver-green pants, but I wish they'd burn them forever and make a white version of the navy jerseys and use them with the same silver pants. Hell, I'd even be fine with them using the Color Rush jerseys and have those white pants as an alt at this point. I just can't stand their current white uniforms at all anymore.

Or make the helmet and pants silver-green and like you said a white version of the navy blue uniforms. Just make the royal blue on the silver-green pants navy blue instead as well.

49 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Two great uniforms that look HORRIBLE against each other. I'll say it again, the NFL needs to ban this flip/flop look (jersey same as opposition pants and pants same as opposition jersey). 

THANK YOU.

Everyone on here had a meltdown when the Browns and Bengals went orange/white vs white/orange a couple weeks ago, but now that it's light blue/white vs white/light blue, it's OK? No.

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Two great uniforms that look HORRIBLE against each other. I'll say it again, the NFL needs to ban this flip/flop look (jersey same as opposition pants and pants same as opposition jersey). 

Do you realize how much criticism the NFL would get for being concerned about jersey and pants color when they have concussions to worry about, among other things? C'mon, let's be real with this. I know it's what the board is about, but again, c'mon.

It's where I sit.

18 hours ago, canzman said:

The shades of brown and purple used have been classified as potential color blind issue by the league.

They could have easily gone all orange though.

It's not like Nike had to come up with a new set. They'd just wear something already in their repertoire like the white is.

5 minutes ago, VikWings said:

It's not like Nike had to come up with a new set. They'd just wear something already in their repertoire like the white is.

They could have, but it's the Browns. You're expecting them to make logical choices?

21 minutes ago, VikWings said:

16 minutes ago, WM1988 said:

They could have, but it's the Browns. You're expecting them to make logical choices?

If the NFL states that standard color rush can't be worn due to color blind conflict or both color rush being the same color the away team has to wear all white. They are not given an option.

Now what would be done in the case of the Raiders, Cowboys, Giants or Packers being paired up in Color Rush I do not know as that is the case of white on white and none of those teams have a monochromatic color option. I know the Saints and Bengals also have all white Color Rush but they also have a monochromatic color option the other 4 do not.

21 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

But why? Throwbacks? Using these with the regular uniforms seems like something a college team would do.

They should use the throwback logo on the jersey on the helmet. Two similar but different logos is dumb...

15 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Yes, it looked terrible matchup wise, but I was actually thankful we got to see a real side-by-side comparison of Chargers baby blue vs. Titans baby blue in action.

3 minutes ago, Nick72Phins said:

Do you guys think the all white uniform looks better vs the chargers, than the aqua pants would.

Screenshot_2016-11-08-11-21-13-1.png

Yeah but then again I have never liked the fins aqua pants with the white pants however they have a very good look it makes me wish that they would always wear the white pants

13 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you realize how much criticism the NFL would get for being concerned about jersey and pants color when they have concussions to worry about, among other things? C'mon, let's be real with this. I know it's what the board is about, but again, c'mon.

The NFL has countless rules regarding uniforms already including shoe color and sock height (fines and threatens fines all the time for it) and those issues don't effect the competition as much as confusing uniform combinations. Really has nothing to do with their other issues like concussions.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

The NFL has countless rules regarding uniforms already including shoe color and sock height (fines and threatens fines all the time for it) and those issues don't effect the competition as much as confusing uniform combinations. Really has nothing to do with their other issues like concussions.

Sure, but they won't add new rules regarding uniforms now with bigger items to worry about.

It's where I sit.

Archived