2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

Is it just me or does the away team always wear colored pants on Thanksgiving.

It's just you.

it just depends on whom the Lions and Cowboys happen to be playing on this day.

What I do miss is Detroit and Dallas alternating each season as to hosting an AFC opponent. 

Too much NFC on Thanksgiving the past few seasons, not taking into consideration the still newly-added night game.on NBC.

The problem with the Cowboys pants is Nike, as I have no idea when they won't manufacture metallic pants like Reebok did, but then the NFL switched away from Reebok to Nike in 2012 and things changed for the worse, starting with those toilet seat collars which some teams still haven't gotten rid of.

Those Cowboys pants would look superb if they weren't so matte looking, but at least they match the helmets better than the pants they wear with the white jerseys.

I think the Cowboys look great today in the navy blue jerseys and silver pants, but there's nothing as great as their throwbacks based on their '60-'63 look with the white helmet and white pants ... IMO.

Image result for dallas cowboys on thanksgiving 

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

It's just you.

it just depends on whom the Lions and Cowboys happen to be playing on this day.

What I do miss is Detroit and Dallas alternating each season as to hosting an AFC opponent. 

Too much NFC on Thanksgiving the past few seasons, not taking into consideration the still newly-added night game.on NBC.

In the old days, it would have been the Jags/Titans playing Detroit on the CBS game.

Those unis probably don't look as good against the Lions honolulu blue compared to MIN.

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

In the old days, it would have been the Jags/Titans playing Detroit on the CBS game.

Those unis probably don't look as good against the Lions honolulu blue compared to MIN.

Not necessarily .....

It could have also been Minnesota at Detroit (on FOX) ... just like we got today

and

Cincinnati / Baltimore at Dallas (CBS)

Also ... the Vikings purple pants would look so much better if they wore white socks with purple/yellow/purple striping in the centre.

This leotard look some teams are wearing is simply awful.

3 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

The problem is Nike, as I have no idea when they won't manufacture metallic pants like Reebok did, but then the NFL switched away from Reebok to Nike in 2012 and things changed for the worse, starting with those toilet seat collars which some teams still haven't gotten rid of.

Well, not for everybody...

Before Nike...

110918_MC_Bucs_Vikings_WEB_007--nfl_larg

After Nike...

defensive-tackle-akeem-spence-of-the-tam

The very definition of "hit and miss"... big upgrade for Vikes, equally big downgrade for the Bucs.

55 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Before Nike...

After Nike...The very definition of "hit and miss"... big upgrade for Vikes, equally big downgrade for the Bucs.

Yeah, I'm in full agreement with you here.

The only Nike change since 2012 that  I really like is Minnesota's and the matte helmets, only the socks for the purple pants are wrong. Many like the tweaking of KC's withe the striping on the sleeves and the TV numbers on the shoulders, I don't.  I miss how the KC helmet logo was larger at the time of the AFL/NFL merger too.

I could even live withe Seattle's change if they weren't in monochrome navy overkill at home and they had white socks to go with the blue pants on the road when wearing white jerseys, although I still like the look of their white jersey with wolf gray pants and blue socks

The Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville changes are just plain awful.  The Bucs had a great uniform set, there was no need for a change.  Jax had great uniforms when they wore teal jerseys with the jaguar on the sleeves. Only Carolina was the smart '95 expansion team who only made slight tweaks that were an improvement, IMO. Namely touching up the 'Panther' logo on the helmet.  Not a fan of their black pants look.

Cleveland is a mess too, but with some positives.  They need white jersey numbers with orange shadows on the brown jerseys, brown numbers withe orange shadows with on their white jerseys, get rid of the giant 'CLEVELAND' word-mark below the NFL shield and change it to a downsized 'BROWNS' word-mark instead, and get rid of the 'BROWNS' on all their pants. The positives of their change are the brighter orange helmets and I like the brown face-masks.  

Green Bay and Oakland were the smart ones who didn't allow Nike ruin  a nice classic look, and the Bills were smart enough to have Nike delete the toilet seat collar after the 2012 season, they just forgot to get white socks with the royal blue pants.

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Before Nike...

110918_MC_Bucs_Vikings_WEB_007--nfl_larg

After Nike...

defensive-tackle-akeem-spence-of-the-tam

The very definition of "hit and miss"... big upgrade for Vikes, equally big downgrade for the Bucs.

I wish we would stop posting pictures of the Bucs old set. It makes me sad that these are no longer their uniforms. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived