2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Browns orange pants with orange socks is a crime againt humanity...

112716-game-story-600.jpg

Everything in the browns brown jersey combos is a crime against humanity they need to make orange full time home or make the numbers white on the brown jerseys switch around the font colors so orange would be white and the white would be orange 

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

have been looking forward to this game all year and so far is my favorite NFL uniform matchup. Bills and 49ers were the perfect teams to wear the throwbacks against, and the gold/red of the 9ers was a great contrast to the Dolphins

CySZN7NWEAECkiV.jpgCySz4PaXEAQgtHB.jpgCySkrdUXAAAHaQF.jpg

This looked like a throwback game. Could possibly be uni-matchup of the year.

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Teams just don't care what their opponent is wearing. 

I edited that.

WE care. Teams don't.

I know - it's these boards. But c'mon - there needs to be a little bit of healthy understanding going on here.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

^ The Chiefs have always had stripes like that, and it's not inconsistent because the pattern of white-red-gold-red-white is the same. 

46 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It is inconsistent because the jerseys don't follow that same pattern. 

They use to have sleeve numbers above a smaller stripe, then when Nike came in 2012 they made the stripe bigger and booted the sleeve numbers to the shoulder.

2005_KansasCity.png

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, arron25628 said:

Everything in the browns brown jersey combos is a crime against humanity they need to make orange full time home or make the numbers white on the brown jerseys switch around the font colors so orange would be white and the white would be orange 

It does seem like they've put more emphasis on orange this year. We've seen the orange pants more and the end zones have been orange with white letters for more home games than brown with orange, which was used for every home game the past two years.

Related: Anyone know if flipping the colors on numbers on the brown jersey to white with an orange shadow would be permissible before the usual 5-year window? It wouldn't fix everything with this set, but it would certainly go a long way.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 to 48 hours after a game to post corrections as 99% of the time I am not able to sit and post at the time of the game(s).

Regular Season Week 13 (Part1) (BYES: Browns, Titans)
Cowboys @ Vikings
Z0HcPQx.jpgRlwqQy5.jpg
Chiefs @ Falcons
JlEheB2.jpgTUVHgZX.jpg
Lions @ Saints
3lHu1sQ.jpgPdW7Zvm.jpg
Rams @ Patriots
TOgaglL.jpgw4hD5O6.jpg
Broncos @ Jaguars
AOwPanO.jpgvoHInJq.jpg

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

They use to have sleeve numbers above a smaller stripe, then when Nike came in 2012 they made the stripe bigger and booted the sleeve numbers to the shoulder.

2005_KansasCity.png

The sleeve stripe, pants stripe, and socks stripe all follow different widths. Ideally, I'd say that the pants and socks stripes should match the ones on the sleeves.

40 minutes ago, canzman said:

Redskins @ Cardinals
CPv5n9s.jpgk8FFZjL.jpg

I feel like the cards wont go all red but if they do i would have to say that theres a chance that the redskins would go white over yellow im hoping thats not the case if the cards do go all red and if the cars dont wear all red i see the skins going white over bugundary 

1 hour ago, arron25628 said:

I feel like the cards wont go all red but if they do i would have to say that theres a chance that the redskins would go white over yellow im hoping thats not the case if the cards do go all red and if the cars dont wear all red i see the skins going white over bugundary 

I feel like the Cards won't go all red, but if they do, I would have to say that there's a chance that the Redskins would go white over yellow. I'm hoping that's not the case. If the Cards dont wear all red i see the Skins going white over burgundy.

Punctuation goes a long way. I could not understand what you said even after reading it about five times. The last "sentence" really didn't make sense even with punctuation. 

Now I don't mean to be a grammar Nazi, and I usually don't care, but I couldn't understand what you were saying. 

Also I agree, that game would be a whole lot of red if the Cards go red on red, and Washington goes white on burgundy.  I also don't really want the Redskins to wear yellow pants, so hopefully the Cardinals wears white pants...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

Also every uniform match-up this week is either really good or abjectly horrid. There is no in between. 

It looks like Giants-Steelers, Bills-Raiders, and 49ers-Bears are the candidates for the top matchups of the week.

Archived