2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

All I can do is shake my head at Stephen Ross and ask ... WHY oh WHY?

Your club had a gorgeous uniform set coming out of the gate as a 1966 expansion team and bit by bit the prior owners tweaked the logo and removed the shoulder stripes in favor of the old Dolphins logo on the sleeve.  Then Mr. Ross buys the team and TOTALLY ruins what was left of said uniforms and logo..

The Giants, Bills, and Jets all went back to their classic look, (although the Jets tampered by tweaking the logo and the shade of green).  The Dolphins should be wearing these on a permanent basis instead of that faded aqua and dumb looking new Dolphin logo. Why tamper with perfection, I just don't get it.

Why Mr. Ross, why?

https://cmgpbpdailydolphin.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/20161127-spt-dolphins-v-49ers-18.jpg?w=640

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a bit torn on the Dolphins all around. I love the throwbacks, though the logo needs to be cleaned up from the original if brought back to a full time status (and, you know, not the 1990's one). I also love their shade of aqua on their regular home and aways, but it needs more orange and I'm still wishy-washy on the logos. If they could merge the two eras with the throwback design and the current colors and have the logo be a compromise between the original logo and the 1990's rebrand, I'd be on board

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

I wouldn't mind that look with the more updated logo, either the current one or the one previous to the new set. The classic logo is way too dated now. 

I agree with you Brian.

All they need to do is take the logo form 1997-2012 and put the original sun-rays back onto the sunburst and you have have a  top NFL uniform and logo, and in doing so leave the shoulder stripes alone.  Genuine aqua colored pants with the  white jerseys for road games with white socks and the sleeve striping in the centre of those socks. (with the aqua pants only)  The socks with the white pants are just fine.

Now you have a top 3-5 classic NFL uniform with an AFL touch. 

Also paint the end-zones with the aqua and orange diamonds like they did when wearing the throwbacks against Buffalo on 23-OCT and yesterday against the SF 49ers.  That's how it was back in the AFL days at the old Orange Bowl.

875.png

I'm fine with what the Dolphins wear now. Their uniforms aren't too crazy, they're quite consistent (even with the limited use of orange), and they're a nice modern take to the old uniforms they use to wear. The logo is still pretty weak, but it's tolerable IMO. While I'd welcome a return to the throwbacks, they would need to make a few tweaks to it.

• The throwback logo is obviously outdated; it needs to be cleaned up. The sunburst lines look bad, the white and splotchy watermarks look bad, and the helmet looks awkwardly placed on the head of the dolphin. Honestly, just use the 1997-2012 logo again, but switch the navy to the blueish color they use now.
  • The pants stripes don't match the helmet; that really bothers me. The 1997 update fixed that.
  • The shoulder stripes aren't bad, but they're so overused in football. The Steelers use it, and many other college teams use it. It just comes off as generic. The ones they used previously look much better IMO.

It's funny... they probably shouldn't have fully moved away from the 1997-2012 set. Just lighten the colors up, get rid of the drop shadow on the numbers and I think they'd be good to go.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:
  • The throwback logo is obviously outdated; it needs to be cleaned up. The sunburst lines look bad, the white and splotchy watermarks look bad, and the helmet looks awkwardly placed on the head of the dolphin. Honestly, just use the 1997-2012 logo again, but switch the navy to the blueish color they use now.

Interesting points, but how on earth does one get a football helmet placed on the head of a Dolphin and it doesn't look awkwardly placed, lol  :D

Either way, 2017 is year number 5 so they can revert to their throwbacks full-time even with some tweaks in time for the 2018 season.

4 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Interesting points, but how on earth does one get a football helmet placed on the head of a Dolphin and it doesn't look awkwardly placed, lol  :D

Either way, 2017 is year number 5 so they can revert to their throwbacks full-time even with some tweaks in time for the 2018 season.

Maybe now that BrandMooreArt works there he has some pull to make this change happen :D

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Maybe now that BrandMooreArt works there he has some pull to make this change happen :D

lol, i dont know how much pull i have. its a little early for us to be thinking about those things, but that would definitely be an interesting project. maybe next year

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'd prefer the stripe colors on the pants/helmets to be switched. I love the balance of having the orange be the middle stripe. Always have. The previous helmet was my favorite NFL helmet because of it. I also don't like that to keep the same striping pattern in the current set, it means having a white center stripe on the blue pants. I loved the center orange stripe on the blue pants.

I think the Rams will wear white pants at NE and the Saints will wear gold pants again after that big win. They did something similar last year and they always seem to wear all black when they host Detroit so hopefully we get something new. I think we could even see the Jets in all green on MNF, but I doubt it. I'm hoping that is exactly what we get for MIA BAL

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 10:28 PM, arron25628 said:

Everything in the browns brown jersey combos is a crime against humanity they need to make orange full time home or make the numbers white on the brown jerseys switch around the font colors so orange would be white and the white would be orange 

Or better yet just go back the classic look minus the grey facemask...everything of that uniform symbolises of what they are now...I don't care if they say I don't mind these. The change was a mistake then and it is now 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived