2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

On 12/4/2016 at 9:54 PM, arron25628 said:

CAN U NOT READ I SAID IT LOOKED GREEN WHEN THEY WENT TO THE GAME ON NFL NETWORK BEFORE THE GAME STARTED AND MOCH ON NFL NETWORK SAID IT LOOKED GREEN, U MIGHT KNOW IF U BROKE PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAD THE NFL NETWORK CHANNEL  

That power is powerless against our presence!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2016 at 9:25 AM, JWhiz96 said:

It's the Rams' decision to authorize which uniform combinations are ok'd, and they only authorized white, navy, and athletic gold pants to be produced. I don't think it's up to Nike, they just do what they're told.

I was talking about the Rams current uniforms using the Saints throwbacks version of their gold!

10 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Image result for Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos 1995

January 1996

Image result for Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos 1998

October 25th, 1998

Image result for Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos 2000

Image result for Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos 2010

Image result for Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos 2016

2016.... OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!

Potentially unpopular opinion: there is not a single good-looking matchup in that whole bunch. 1996 wasn't terrible, but other than that, those are all hideous matchups.

The Jags' inaugural uniforms are rather overrated, probably because of the dreck that followed them. I'm not a big fan of the double-outlined numbers, and can't stand the absurdly wide pants stripe. It would've been okay with some tweaks though.

This may be an unpopular opinion. But if I was the owner of the Jaguars, I'd have the following uniform combos.

Home - teal jerseys with white/black/gold  pants

Road - white jerseys with white/black/gold pants

Alternate - gold jerseys with white/black pants.

The all black and all gold looks have got to go.

A hunch (and only a hunch) tells me that this week could be as good of a chance as any that you'll have to see the Jags teal jerseys, if that's what you're into. In the the past five seasons, they've only worn teal twice, shockingly; once in 2013 vs. the Chargers shortly after the new unis were unveiled, and once in 2012 vs. the Bengals to coincide with Fred Taylor's induction into the Jag's pride ring. It was the only time that they wore that jersey all season and the last time it ever saw the field.

chargers-jaguars-football-jordan-todman_

maurice-jonesdrew-of-the-jacksonville-ja

Jimmy Smith will be inducted into the ring this week vs. the Vikings. While they didn't go for teal the last time that someone was inducted (they wore all black when Mark Brunell was put in vs. the Bills in 2013), team president Mark Lamping has stated before that the teal jersey is reserved for special occasions. That being said, if the teal doesn't come out this weekend, then its safe to say that its gone for good. My guess, aside from Khan heavily favoring gold as a secondary over teal, would be that the black-on-teal numbers fared much worse in legibility than they must've thought by the time they had hit the field, so they just decided to can it for good.

8 hours ago, WM1988 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion. But if I was the owner of the Jaguars, I'd have the following uniform combos.

Home - teal jerseys with white/black/gold  pants

Road - white jerseys with white/black/gold pants

Alternate - gold jerseys with white or black pants.

The all black or all gold looks have got to go.

Not totally unpopular, but here's my 2¢ worth

Home:  Teal green w/ white or gold pants

Road:  white jerseys w/ gold or teal green pants

Alternate:  Gold jerseys w/ white or black pants

Bottom line, they had great uniform as an expansion team, and bit by bit they're ruined them to the like of an Arena League team.

***  Most importantly:  :Get rid of the 2-tone helmet and return to either the previous black or use gold ....

The socks, they mustn't ever be the same color as the pants.Their original uniforms from 1995

were fine, but I always felt they could use a set of teal-green pants with white or perhaps gold socks

13 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Maybe if you limit the use of black and lighten the teal. I will do that tonight since this is a good idea!

jacksonville jaguars.png

Reminds me of the Packers.

I don't think a gold helmet would work, the gold the Jags use is just too ugly for my taste. I would love to see the Jags actually incorporate teal more, probably by making the helmet teal.

There's a whole lotta ugly in regards to the Jaguars and, in my opinion, it's not gonna be an easy fix.

One direction I would propose if I were one of the executives would be to tone down the gold. It's just too obnoxious and ugly. The original look, which was more teal and black heavy, was a pleasant color scheme and worked well to avert my attention from their ever-changing uniforms.

NSFCvyu.png

On 12/6/2016 at 0:27 AM, s3ahawkz said:

So many teams would look better if they ditched gray facemasks. Bills should switch to blue, 49ers should switch to red, and cardinals should switch to red. Every other team that has gray facemasks is fine

On 12/6/2016 at 5:54 PM, FSUViking said:

I HATE grey face-masks. 

Let me take this opportunity to advocate that every team in the NFL (oh, hell... let's just go with every level of football) immediately switch to gray facemasks full time, in perpetuity.

I love this old song... it's been too long.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:26 PM, DeFrank said:

Now my perspective on this is admittedly a bit more invested than the average fan, who probably had a couple random thoughts about the Redskins uniforms over this period instead of literally knocking on the window of Bruce Allen's skybox during a Week 2 game during high school and holding up a sign that said "Where have the burgundy pants gone?" only to get a laugh and have him turn his head, angering me for months on end, going so far as to bring it up at some stupid season-ticket holder even later in the year when I inadvertently found out about the new throwback uniforms and was lied to about some rule about only being allowed three pairs of pants per team... sorry.

Breathe, son.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Let me take this opportunity to advocate that every team in the NFL (oh, hell... let's just go with every level of football) immediately switch to gray facemasks full time, in perpetuity.

I love this old song... it's been too long.

Lots of teams would look really weird with gray facemasks

Archived