2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

9 hours ago, Gupti said:

I'd be an even bigger proponent of full-time grey pants for the Hawks if they fixed that dull pants stripe. Why they left the color balance so lacking is beyond me.

AP704717813053.jpg

hi-res-6ed8a8520da307593b17b2f319f504fc_crop_north.jpg

I will always hate that godawful "strap" on their shoulders, but other than that, these uniforms actually look pretty good. Unfortunately, these are probably the only two combos within the entire set that look good, and the green flowers on the pant stripe look so much better than the gray flowers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plain throwback-slashes in the end zones at MetLife Stadium tonight. Disappointed, as the end zone designs at MetLife (both Jets and Giants) are some of the better ones in the league.

It will be interesting to see what color the Dolphins' facemasks are. I hope they're orange, but logic tells me they'll wear their normal whites.

NSFCvyu.png

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Is it just me or are some of the players tonight wearing the new Nike template that the color rush unis use?

Not tuned into the game, but I documented how many Dolphin players gave that template a test run last year.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106066-future-of-nfl-color-rush/?page=65

IMG_4287.JPG

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Not tuned into the game, but I documented how many Dolphin players gave that template a test run last year.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106066-future-of-nfl-color-rush/?page=65

IMG_4287.JPG

Maybe but I also think I saw a jets receiver with it, but my tv in the hotel room I'm in tonight is kinda :censored:ty so maybe I'm just not seeing the characteristic sweat boxes and off colored mess.

2 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

Plain throwback-slashes in the end zones at MetLife Stadium tonight. Disappointed, as the end zone designs at MetLife (both Jets and Giants) are some of the better ones in the league.

It will be interesting to see what color the Dolphins' facemasks are. I hope they're orange, but logic tells me they'll wear their normal whites.

Why are the facemasks in question? We already knew this wasn't going to be color rush, and the Phins color rush has already been shown in promo photos and on the field to have a white mask.

gettyimages-611464392.jpg?quality=65&str

Also, the endzones are the way they are because the Jets are playing a home game tonight with the Giants playing a home game tomorrow, so the grounds crew would have had only about 12 hours total to change the fields out. Its not too big of a loss.

27 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Why are the facemasks in question? We already knew this wasn't going to be color rush, and the Phins color rush has already been shown in promo photos and on the field to have a white mask.

gettyimages-611464392.jpg?quality=65&str

Also, the endzones are the way they are because the Jets are playing a home game tonight with the Giants playing a home game tomorrow, so the grounds crew would have had only about 12 hours total to change the fields out. Its not too big of a loss.

Why not just have "New York" in the end zone?

Miami has done that for years because the Hurricanes usually play the next day. 

However, I understand that they both share orange in their color scheme so the Jets/Giants couldn't use a specific color but they can use white. 

42 minutes ago, Gupti said:

I wasn't aware, though to my defense who could blame me by being distracted by the highlighter unis.

43 minutes ago, Gupti said:

When the Vikings played their games at TCF Bank Stadium they had crews working overnight removing and applying paint to customize the field. If Minnesota has enough time and money for such things than New Jersey New York should have no trouble as well.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

I wasn't aware, though to my defense who could blame me by being distracted by the highlighter unis.

When the Vikings played their games at TCF Bank Stadium they had crews working overnight removing and applying paint to customize the field. If Minnesota has enough time and money for such things than New Jersey New York should have no trouble as well.

The Jets and Giants use interchangeable sections of turf for their end zones, not paint. Odds are they don't even have the needed supplies (JETS/GIANTS stencils, paint, cleaning equipment and solution, etc) to do it, and considering this situation happens maybe once every five or six years, they probably figured it wasn't worth the headache.

Something has to be up this year regarding all the color and unusual combos we're seeing (Dolphins, Titans, Redskins, Bengals in orange over black, Texans in red over navy). I feel like the league has encouraged teams to wear as much color as possible for marketing purposes or something. I'm really happy about it; I just don't understand how it has all happened out of nowhere.

This looks works because of the socks. Red socks with blue pants is what the Texans started their franchise with. The color balance of blue helmet, red jersey, blue pants, red socks is a perfect combo. If they went with navy socks this whole thing would not have worked that well

Go A's!

A little bit of useless trivia: The Texans have not worn red socks with the navy pants since Sep 28, 2008 at Jacksonville. 

They were on a four game losing streak to open the season, went to the leotard look (navy pants, navy socks) and won. Unfortunately, we never saw the red socks again with navy pants again until today.

Archived