2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, daveindc said:

Ravens looked sharp again with all-black in their win today. They should wear these a few times at home every season.

tempSH1_7928--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

tempPPH_9776--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

tempPPH_0191--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

tempSH1_8027--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

You must be joking.  The Ravens all black look is ugly, and annoying.  I love the purple jersey/white pants look.  It is classic, it is a pleasure to look at.  Just scrap the ugly black unis, and especially those black leotards.  I would love to see them wear purple pants like they did against the Browns during their color rush game Thursday, and use them for their away white jerseys.  Problem is fixed!!

15 hours ago, swisherHOU said:

Hopkins said on the radio that he's going to ask Bob McNair (the owner) to wear these all the time...and winning in them didn't hurt.

IMG_5536.JPG

I guess everything old is new again.  The first thing I thought of when I saw these was the 1974 WFL Florida Blazers.

TRFB1974.png

3 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

You must be joking.  The Ravens all black look is ugly, and annoying.  I love the purple jersey/white pants look.  It is classic, it is a pleasure to look at.  Just scrap the ugly black unis, and especially those black leotards.  I would love to see them wear purple pants like they did against the Browns during their color rush game Thursday, and use them for their away white jerseys.  Problem is fixed!!

Umm, you're wrong. Their all black look is sharp, and fits them perfectly. The stripeless pants are perfect for this look also. I can't find anybody on social media with anything negative to say about it.

I can't post them all, but you get the point.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some time over the next week or two as I will be out of town for the holidays so corrections will be slow but they will get taken care.

Regular Season Week 16 (Part1)
Giants @ Eagles
fpyEfvd.jpgtOH7XXc.png
Dolphins @ Bills
TvFNgDZ.jpgAxPUZvo.jpg
Buccaneers @ Saints
BdQQd7r.pngh301SqU.jpg
Jets @ Patriots
odhkOad.jpgw4hD5O6.jpg
Titans @ Jaguars
zksJ8le.jpgvoHInJq.jpg

50 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Umm, you're wrong. Their all black look is sharp, and fits them perfectly. The stripeless pants are perfect for this look also. I can't find anybody on social media with anything negative to say about it.

I feel like the Ravens are one of the only teams in the league that can and SHOULD have black uniform alternates.

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

I can't post them all, but you get the point.

That's because you're looking on Twitter, the place where people back their opinions with #straightfire and heart eye emojis, rather than actual design critique. 

Also, I can't imagine the Ravens would wear purple against Pittsburgh's black this week. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

That's because you're looking on Twitter, the place where people back their opinions with #straightfire and heart eye emojis, rather than actual design critique. 

Also, I can't imagine the Ravens would wear purple against Pittsburgh's black this week. 

Whether negative or positive, people express their opinions no matter what it is on Twitter. For example, if a person doesn't like the color of a team's jersey or pants they're wearing, they'll tweet about it. I didn't find anything negative about the uniforms there, or anywhere else on social media. It was all positive. I just posted comments from there because it's easier. The person I responded to didn't have an "actual design critique", he just said they were ugly and made it sound like I was crazy for saying they looked sharp. I showed him that the overall response to the all-black look was positive. 

50 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

My guess is that you're right.  I don't think there is enough contrast between the purple and black.  I assume the Ravens will be in their all white uniforms with white socks.

. . . that way, it will be easy to differentiate between good and evil.  :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

They black jerseys are great when worn with white pants. The black pants need to be set ablaze to or get a stripe on them and purple socks to wear with them.

The all-black Raven's uniform is horrific.  Those ridiculous black yoga pants, when worn with black socks, have the amazing ability to make anyone wearing them look like a complete idiot. The only worse look is when they pair them up with a white jersey, which makes all the players look like numbnut steroid freaks who only exercise their upper bodies and leave tiny undeveloped sticks poking out down below.

Of course, this is only my opinion, but since I was able to state it without emojis, and without ever once using the word "fire", I think it's a pretty solid opinion.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The all-black Raven's uniform is horrific.  Those ridiculous black yoga pants, when worn with black socks, have the amazing ability to make anyone wearing them look like a complete idiot. The only worse look is when they pair them up with a white jersey, which makes all the players look like numbnut steroid freaks who only exercise their upper bodies and leave tiny undeveloped sticks poking out down below.

Of course, this is only my opinion, but since I was able to state it without emojis, and without ever once using the word "fire", I think it's a pretty solid opinion.

I have nothing to add, Your Honor. oldschoolvikings said it for me

It's where I sit.

21 hours ago, swisherHOU said:

Hopkins said on the radio that he's going to ask Bob McNair (the owner) to wear these all the time...and winning in them didn't hurt.

IMG_5536.JPG

Man, these are just fantastic. This is the combo I've wanted to see since they added the red jerseys, and it's every bit as good in live action as I pictured it would be. Thank goodness the Texans ditched the navy pants/navy socks combo, even if only for one game. They may have the best uniforms in the league when put together properly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

22 hours ago, swisherHOU said:

IMG_5536.JPG

Ya know, since they've started I've liked the individual aspects of the Texans identity, but overall their combos always came off as a little boring for some reason. Now I realize that this is their best look and needs to be the standard.

Archived