2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tonight's Panthers at Redskins colors look money.  this is pro football.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18315496

*edit: not a fan of KB13 and TT70 with the knee high white stockings/socks vs rest of team.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7HDlINU371kQZaNhz6EnrKhAP0VDrjhlJcNg0_U1Z7OsLfoRJ

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

21 hours ago, VikWings said:

They black jerseys are great when worn with white pants. The black pants need to be set ablaze to or get a stripe on them and purple socks to wear with them.

Personally, we have more than enough teams in the NFL that use black as a primary or secondary colors.  Steelers, Raiders, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Bengals, Cardinals (as an alternate), 49ers (as an alternate good god), Eagles (as an alternate), Jaguars (miss those teal unis) so on and so on.  Heck the Bears look very close as a black color, and unless you look up close to them, you can never tell whether is dark blue or black.  I cannot or will not understand why everybody think black is cool as an alternate, it just looks bad and in a way, ruins the primary colors team wears.  My opinion, but as usual, I am in the minority of this.

15 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Personally, we have more than enough teams in the NFL that use black as a primary or secondary colors.  Steelers, Raiders, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Bengals, Cardinals (as an alternate), 49ers (as an alternate good god), Eagles (as an alternate), Jaguars (miss those teal unis) so on and so on.  Heck the Bears look very close as a black color, and unless you look up close to them, you can never tell whether is dark blue or black.  I cannot or will not understand why everybody think black is cool as an alternate, it just looks bad and in a way, ruins the primary colors team wears.  My opinion, but as usual, I am in the minority of this.

Because as Twitter would say, black unis are "straight fire" or "on fleek".

Personally, I think the following would be great substitutes for black unis.

-49ers shouldn't have a black uniform (gold would be a better alternate as it is a main color for them).

-Jags should go back to wearing teal full time.

-Bengals orange jerseys should be the primary.

-Eagles should use Kelly Green uniforms as an alternate throwback uniform.

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

If any team should have a black alternate though, it's the Ravens. I didn't say they should definitely make it the primary, just that it's a nice jersey and a really nice overall uniform when worn with the correct pants.

Image result for raven

bal-13-blackwhite-2-620x930.jpg

I'm fine with teams wearing black alternates as long as it's part of their color scheme.

My problem is with BFBS uniforms. Like the 49ers. There's a smidgen of black in the logo, sure, and use that as an excuse to make black hoodies and t-shirts if you want, but a black jersey is just dumb. Especially when you pair with black pants and socks, unreadable red numbers and the only gold anywhere is the freaking Nike logo. (UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT: I give the Cardinals a pass just because I think that's the best uni in their set, IMO. But I never want it to be the primary)

The biggest problem I have with the Niners black alts is the lack of gold. The metallic gold swoosh on the sleeve looks good. I think if they outlined the numbers in gold and added gold to the pants stripes then the unis would be more tolerable. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 12/20/2016 at 8:54 AM, VikWings said:

If any team should have a black alternate though, it's the Ravens. I didn't say they should definitely make it the primary, just that it's a nice jersey and a really nice overall uniform when worn with the correct pants.

Image result for raven

bal-13-blackwhite-2-620x930.jpg

I'm fine with teams wearing black alternates as long as it's part of their color scheme.

Black pants are the proper ones for the Ravens' black alts. White pants are pointless, and just ruins their unique and popular look.

130116-004-B72EBFDB.jpgtempEagles121816sh10WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_1

51 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Black pants are the proper ones for the Ravens' black alts. White pants are pointless, and just ruins their unique and popular look.

130116-004-B72EBFDB.jpgtempEagles121816sh10WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_1

If all Black gives the Ravens their "look" what of certain teams that wear all white on the road.Personally I think it makes Denver look weak,when Minnesota wore all white same for them.Other teams like the Jets and Chiefs seem to get away with it and look fine when in all white.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

By this logic, we need to get the Eagles into brown pants and jerseys, and a white helmet with a yellow mask.

Bald_Eagle_Portrait.jpg

And I've solved the Ram's uniform color decision... they just go all white with dirty brown horns on the helmet...

1-adult-dall-sheep-ram-resting-michael-j

As for Chicago...

3101743_bear-453765.jpg

By your logic, the Ravens could wear teal and yellow and it wouldn't make a difference.

If a team's brand has unique colors associated with it, they usually include it in the color scheme. Dolphins, Seahawks, 49ers, Chargers, etc. The all black Raven is unique. The all-black uni looks good and is unique to the Ravens. I never said they should drop the purple, just that they should wear all black more often because it looks good and most people love them. 

41 minutes ago, daveindc said:

By your logic, the Ravens could wear teal and yellow and it wouldn't make a difference.

If a team's brand has unique colors associated with it, they usually include it in the color scheme. Dolphins, Seahawks, 49ers, Chargers, etc. The all black Raven is unique. The all-black uni looks good and is unique to the Ravens. I never said they should drop the purple, just that they should wear all black more often because it looks good and most people love them. 

Um - if the Saints also wear all black, as did the 49ers, it is no longer 'unique'.  That word has meaning.

If you mean the bird being unique, crows need to talk with you.

It's where I sit.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:48 PM, swisherHOU said:

Hopkins said on the radio that he's going to ask Bob McNair (the owner) to wear these all the time...and winning in them didn't hurt.

IMG_5536.JPG

Best Texans look!!!  Separates them from Dallas being blue focused.

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

"Looks good" is definitely a matter of opinion. I think you could make an all black uniform that looks decent but IMO the Ravens have not done so. Not with those  awful stripeless yoga pants and black socks.

And as for unique... I could post pictures of a few dozen college teams that would blow that claim out of the water.  In 2016 the all black football uniform is about as cliched and played out as anything in sports.

Since I will be traveling for the holiday I am going to go ahead and post week 17. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me more time than normal for corrections as I will be out of town for the holidays so corrections will be slow but they will get taken care of.

Regular Season Week 17 (Part1)
Saints @ Falcons
vwBTMFe.jpgTUVHgZX.jpg
Ravens @ Bengals
Qup8bw5.jpgmxVfjfU.jpg
Giants @ Redskins
DuEbeND.jpgoHoxmWU.jpg
Texans @ Titans
3ScmRHH.jpgW6VRhAb.jpg
Panthers @ Buccaneers
bvCRFUx.jpg5hOTT1w.png

Archived