2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, daveindc said:

Black pants are the proper ones for the Ravens' black alts. White pants are pointless, and just ruins their unique and popular look.

130116-004-B72EBFDB.jpgtempEagles121816sh10WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_1

We're gonna have to disagree to disagree. I'm not a fan of mono looks. Especially when there's no contrasting socks. And what makes the Ravens even worse is the yoga pants. Get a stripe on the pants and purple socks (or even white and purple stripes on the black socks) and I can live with them once per year, and white pants the other time the black jerseys are worn.

That New York Giants Color Rush uniform looks very badass. They should bring that look back fulltime, with a matching white jersey (and blue socks, too). :D

Their AFC counterparts, the Jets, might want to also resurrect their 1980s jerseys and helmets well (and bring back white shoes, as an homage to Joe Namath). :D

UBwef0L.png

22 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Um - if the Saints also wear all black, as did the 49ers, it is no longer 'unique'.  That word has meaning.

If you mean the bird being unique, crows need to talk with you.

Unique as in the all-black look actually fits their brand. Those other teams would just be all-black for all-black sake.

20 hours ago, VikWings said:

We're gonna have to disagree to disagree. I'm not a fan of mono looks. Especially when there's no contrasting socks. And what makes the Ravens even worse is the yoga pants. Get a stripe on the pants and purple socks (or even white and purple stripes on the black socks) and I can live with them once per year, and white pants the other time the black jerseys are worn.

The "yoga pants" are perfect for the all-black look. It doesn't look like yoga pants here. The pants and socks don't need stripes for stripes sake. If they add stripes to the pants, purple is the only option. No stripes still looks better here.

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

"Looks good" is definitely a matter of opinion. I think you could make an all black uniform that looks decent but IMO the Ravens have not done so. Not with those  awful stripeless yoga pants and black socks.

And as for unique... I could post pictures of a few dozen college teams that would blow that claim out of the water.  In 2016 the all black football uniform is about as cliched and played out as anything in sports.

This is an NFL thread and I'm talking NFL teams. And these are all obviously opinions, but most opinions on the Ravens all-black look I've heard and seen on social media have been positive.

11 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Unique as in the all-black look actually fits their brand. Those other teams would just be all-black for all-black sake.

But that isn't what 'unique' means.

adjective

1. 1.
    being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
    "the situation was unique in modern politics"

Had you stated that their all black uniform was fitting as it was more like a Raven, well, then the criticism would have gone in the direction of the Eagles not wearing white helmets with yellow facemasks and the Bears not wearing Brown.  Regardless, if words are used, they need to be used based on what they mean, lest we be unable to communicate.

It's where I sit.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I strongly feel that the Ravens should never wear white pants. They throw off the balance of the uniform. Their black pants look fantastic with all three jerseys:

BHw1yIC.jpg

bFUnPbF.jpg

OzX2JgF.jpg

I do agree that the "yoga pants" look sucks, though. They need purple socks to wear with the black pants. I would also love to see a purple shimmer effect on their helmets and (if possible) the pants like the Jaguars had with their old teal-flaked helmets:

tlMUyQY.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But that isn't what 'unique' means.

adjective

1. 1.
    being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
    "the situation was unique in modern politics"

Had you stated that their all black uniform was fitting as it was more like a Raven, well, then the criticism would have gone in the direction of the Eagles not wearing white helmets with yellow facemasks and the Bears not wearing Brown.  Regardless, if words are used, they need to be used based on what they mean, lest we be unable to communicate.

Again, the Ravens are the only team in the NFL that has an all-black look that actually fits their brand and is not all-black for all-black sake. They are unique in this regard. This is what the whole discussion is about... 

18 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Again, the Ravens are the only team in the NFL that has an all-black look that actually fits their brand and is not all-black for all-black sake. They are unique in this regard. This is what the whole discussion is about... 

Really?

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

Archived