2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2004 Patriots wore white

2005 Steelers wore white (because they won three road games to get to SB40 and wanted to stay in white)

2006 Colts wore white

2007 Giants wore white

2008 Steelers wore white

2009 Saints wore white

2011 Giants wore white

2012 Ravens wore white

2013 Seahawks wore white

2014 Patriots wore white

2015 Broncos wore white (because they never won a SB in orange....and because recent teams in white did so well ^_^ )

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

2004 Patriots wore white

2005 Steelers wore white (because they won three road games to get to SB40 and wanted to stay in white)

2006 Colts wore white

2007 Giants wore white

2008 Steelers wore white

2009 Saints wore white

2011 Giants wore white

2012 Ravens wore white

2013 Seahawks wore white

2014 Patriots wore white

2015 Broncos wore white (because they never won a SB in orange....and because recent teams in white did so well ^_^ )

Except for the Pack, all winners during this period were wearing white jerseys

Go A's!

Falcons wore their colored jerseys (black) in Super Bowl 34, and got pounded by the Broncos.  Wouldn't be surprised they switched to white jerseys for the upcoming Super Bowl to keep the "superstition" thing going.  That is if they get by A-Rod and the Packers in the NFC title game this upcoming Sunday.

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Falcons wore their colored jerseys (black) in Super Bowl 34, and got pounded by the Broncos.  Wouldn't be surprised they switched to white jerseys for the upcoming Super Bowl to keep the "superstition" thing going.  That is if they get by A-Rod and the Packers in the NFC title game this upcoming Sunday.

I find these superstitions to be terribly stupid, but there can be nothing bad that comes of the Falcons irrationally deciding to wear white in the Super Bowl (if they make it). Steelers in black versus Falcons in white looks better than the reverse, and Patriots in navy versus Falcons in white would look immeasurably better than the reverse.

From a sheer aesthetic perspective, I hope the Falcons choose to follow some idiotic superstition if they make it to the dance. The Pats' white uniforms are unrelentingly ugly, and the Falcons' dated uniforms are irredeemable either way.

5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

That makes no sense. Why wouldn't they just wear red? The black jerseys can't be worn anyway. 

Go A's!

On 1/16/2017 at 1:38 PM, phutmasterflex said:

That makes no sense. Why wouldn't they just wear red? The black jerseys can't be worn anyway. 

I was referring to the color jersey the wore, of course they aren't wearing black it don't exist in their wardrobe anyway.  And with the streak of winning teams wearing white in Super Bowl, wouldn't be surprised if they did.  OTOH, I expect the Packers to wear green in the Super Bowl, but you never know.  Remember the Packers are last team to win a Super Bowl wearing the colored jersey.

While the Falcons uniforms aren't perfect, the balance between the red and black in their current home look is pretty darn good.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Are teams allowed to make a change to their color rush uni's to be their full time ones? I ask because I don't know the NFL rules around uni changes, when they are allowed, etc...

NE could make an easy upgrade by just changing to the color rush uni's.  Add a pair of white pants and that's a good look, a big upgrade, IMO.

1 hour ago, Mitch B said:

Why the Falcons uniforms aren't perfect, the balance between the red and black in their current home look is pretty darn good.

I sometimes wonder when the new stadium opens in the fall if they'll go WAH for some early season games if they choose to open the roof.

Archived