2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I did this in Madden. Used the color rush jersey with the throwback helmet. Actually looked amazing.

Somebody once posted a Patriots concept on here that combined eras.  The basic design mimicked the old red uniforms of the 70's and 80's (white helmet, white pants, very traditional striping) but the home jersey was navy and the Elvis logo was used on the helmet.  It was a beautiful uniform and it's hard for me to say anything nice about the PATS. :)

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like the falcons jerseys, but I feel you on the red and black, before the 90s the gear was mostly red, and then mostly black under glanville, Jones and Reeves. I do like somewhat of a balance on  apparel.

1 hour ago, Adam2567 said:

I have one question r teams aloud to wear just two uniform combos in the playoffs if so could they both be home cause i was wondering if the falcons could wear there black unis in the superbowl

No teams are allowed to wear alternate jerseys. Pants are fine though but the Patriots and falcons only use 1 pair of pants per Jersey so it doesn't matter

11 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

No teams are allowed to wear alternate jerseys. Pants are fine though but the Patriots and falcons only use 1 pair of pants per Jersey so it doesn't matter

Didn't the Chargers wear the powder blues in the playoffs once or am I imagining things?

2 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Didn't the Chargers wear the powder blues in the playoffs once or am I imagining things?

Yes, they wore the powder blues during a playoff game (can't remember if it was a Wild Card or Divisional round game). In the Super Bowl though, I think you have to wear your regular uniforms.

26 minutes ago, WM1988 said:

Yes, they wore the powder blues during a playoff game (can't remember if it was a Wild Card or Divisional round game). In the Super Bowl though, I think you have to wear your regular uniforms.

Wild Card game vs Colts in 2008

chargers.jpg

teams-1.png

^yes, an internet petition from 500 sports logo enthusiasts will definitely get a multi billion dollar corporation to change their strict uniform rules within the next 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

this is going to be a brutal uniform matchup, but i'm just hoping the Falcons change their uniforms next season for the new stadium. if they win, its possible that the team looks at the jerseys as untouchable. Personally I doubt it that will happen, I just don't see how Blank and management don't recognize how dated these uniforms are. They are still associated with the Vick era.... they should have changed them 5 years ago..

13 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Matt Ryan and Tom Brady sure dress very similarly. 

I am not sure if the helmet model is the same, but they have a glove on the left hand, left knee brace, socks are down to ankles, hand towel. Interesting thing that I noticed. Here are photos from Sunday

C212MQmVEAAQ77b.jpg

C212MQtUoAIbmmC.jpg

I was saying the same thing 

If it was at all possible I'd love to see Falcons bring back black pants with the red jerseys and Patriots pair silver pants with white jerseys for the first time. Black/Red/Black/Red vs Silver/White/Silver/Navy is more appealing to me than any combos mentioned.

5 hours ago, Matito said:

Maybe a good ol' fashioned Internet petition will get Goodell to see that the league's brand would benefit more from this matchup:

Atl2_crop_north.jpg?w=594&h=396&q=7516331e_lg.jpeg

Versus this one:

Julian+Edelman+New+England+Patriots+v+At

Having teams wear dated throwback looks that aren't familiar to many casual viewers in the Super Bowl would not help the NFL's brand.

Archived