2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Surprised to see the Saints going with the black jerseys for their final preseason tilt, as they normally go with white for the two home preseason contests and the first couple of home games. Also the Seahawks have navy pants with their white jerseys in Oakland.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to a game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 to 48 hours to post corrections as 99% of the time I am not able to sit and post at the time of the game(s).

Regular Season Week 1 (Part1)
Panthers @ Broncos
bvCRFUx.jpgfHT1JHx.jpg
Buccaneers @ Falcons
W2gRksK.pngTUVHgZX.jpg
Vikings @ Titans
536r0be.jpgsknVDM9.jpg
Browns @ Eagles
NZXQCmK.jpggDPRye5.jpg
Bengals @ Jets
7zfAlVi.jpgodhkOad.jpg

On 9/3/2016 at 11:05 AM, NFLfan10 said:

Hopefully the Dolphins will wear aqua pants since they did in the preseason. It's a shame that so many cool match ups will be ruined because of white at home. Like I'd love to see the jags in black vs the packers in white but now we'll have to wait 8 more years at least

The Dolphins can call it 'aqua' as much as they'd like, but I view it as teal.  Their throwback uniforms they wore against the NY Giants last December, now that to me is the definition of genuine aqua.  Congratulations to Stephen Ross, you've totally managed to ruin a great looking jersey color and uniforms from the 1966 inception of Miami along with that silly looking new helmet logo too..

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

The Dolphins can call it 'aqua' as much as they'd like, but I view it as teal.  Their throwback uniforms they wore against the NY Giants last December, now that to me is the definition of genuine aqua.

There's hardly a difference between the two. Their current shade is only slightly lighter (and maybe a bit more blueish) than the throwbacks.

6 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

The Dolphins can call it 'aqua' as much as they'd like, but I view it as teal.  Their throwback uniforms they wore against the NY Giants last December, now that to me is the definition of genuine aqua.  Congratulations to Stephen Ross, you've totally managed to ruin a great looking jersey color and uniforms from the 1966 inception of Miami along with that silly looking new helmet logo too..

Yes, the team ultimately has the final say, but I'd blame Nike and its obsession with getting its teams into proprietary colors just as much. Not a coincidence that the Dolphins, the Browns, Michigan and UNC have all tweaked their colors in recent years and all have uniforms manufactured by Nike/Jordan.

(Somewhat related: I know the owner of a local printing shop who has done a few small projects for the Browns. He said that new shade of orange has been a headache to reproduce accurately. So not only does it not contrast well with their shade of brown, it's also difficult for vendors not named Nike to work with. Bravo.)

5 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

With all of the 'advanced technology' of the fabrics... 

Mother Nature defeats technology.  Always.  Esp if you can wear white in Jacksonville or Houston summertime.  Though I'm not certain the Texans' roof policy/trend.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

12 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Mother Nature defeats technology.  Always.  Esp if you can wear white in Jacksonville or Houston summertime.  Though I'm not certain the Texans' roof policy/trend.

Since 2010 the regular season opener for the Texans is their only time they wear WAH now.

46 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

And MLB teams wear colors other than white or gray on hot days. Sometimes their umps wear black on really hot days also, instead of light blue.

You make it sound like you actually believe you can get tired from playing baseball

14 hours ago, 2001mark said:

College teams all across the country wear dark colors at home in the same hot temperatures, so why can't the pros? 

Archived