NHL - Penguins & Leafs Fixes

Bpoe96

So as a lot of you know by now, the Pens and Leafs both unveiled their new uniforms today. In my opinion, they're both much better than the previous, and both almost perfect. So, I decided to make my perfect version of them.

Toronto Maple Leafs:

While the jerseys themselves are inconsistent with the two arm stripes and one hem stripe, I think it's a well executed inconsistency...almost.

I think the easiest fix, and most accurate to their current uniforms, would be simply to thicken the arm (and sock) stripes, to match the hem stripe. My personal preference would be to instead have the hem colored down to the bottom, which gives it a really vintage look, and can be a callback to the original Toronto Arenas uniforms.

TML Fix.png

Pittsburgh Penguins:

Being a Pens fan myself, I love the switch to these retro uniforms as a uniform nerd, as I'm too young to have memories from when they had originally wore these. Their inconsistency, especially on the home jersey, is incredibly annoying though. The pants, hem, socks, and arms are all different. The road jerseys, fortunately, fix that on the jersey alone,  which made me realize that the fix to make the set consistent was much simpler than I thought.

The road jersey itself is identical to the one revealed, with the one exception of the collar insert becoming white to match the collar style of the home. The home jersey is, also almost the same, with the hem stripes now matching the road jersey perfectly. The big change, though, is the socks, which match the hems of the jerseys.

Pens fix.png

So that's what I'd consider perfection for these two teams. C&C is appreciated, even though I really didn't do much for these ones.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

3 minutes ago, hockey week said:

The problem with the Leafs, and you can tell they deliberately avoided this, is that the hemline stripe blends with the pants. You lose it. It needs to have separation.

'

Exactly.  The hemstripe looks super awkward on the white sweater. 

Archived