World American Football League *GREECE*

the_grateful_ted

Hello again everyone, welcome to my brand new series, the World American Football League! As you might have guessed, this concept is based around the world as a whole finally embracing American football, and playing it on a national scale. Each team represents one country, there are 52 teams spread across 6 conferences, with 8-10 teams each. None of the countries have mascot names (ie. "England Lions"), but each team has a logo that represents something about their country. This can be something like an animal, historical figure, symbol, etc. Each team will only have one logo, with so many teams I didn't want to force out shoddy secondary and tertiary logos that resemble other team's logos. As well as this, not many teams will have alternate jerseys. I think that's enough explanation, here is the WAFL league logo!

WAFLPromotionalSkinny_zpsxmyhhvnx.png

The logo itself is meant to be very simple, able to be quickly swapped for one of the many team's colors. The center is the globe grid pattern, with a streaking football to represent the global spread of the sport itself. Around the globe is six stars, one for each conference. I used Conrad's Dribbler font (Shoutout to Conrad, nearly all my fonts I will use are his). I thought it was very clean and professional looking. Comments and Criticism are welcome as always! 

I don't want to ruin the surprise with the other conferences, but I will say the first I'm taking on is the WESTERN CONFERENCE. It consists of England, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal and Switzerland. I will be taking on England first, the uniforms have been done for a while but I'm having trouble with the logo so stay tuned! 

*WESTERN CONFERENCE COMPLETE*

WesternConferenceStandings.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm incredibly excited about all the support so far! Thank you all, and let's kick this off.

Ahhh England, hopefully you fare better in American football than traditional football (Go Iceland).

EnglandPromotional_zpsersbiy0n.png

Let's start it off with the primary, the mighty lion. This was an incredibly difficult start to the series, and this end result is nothing like I wanted in the beginning, but I'm pretty happy with it as of now. Again, a very simple logo made up of smaller geometric shapes. The outline becomes softer and duller, contrasting the sharper interior. This was not intentional, but after experimenting I actually liked the softer edges. It lends itself to another English icon, the rose. Overall, I'm happy with what I came up with. The font is Tuscon Bold (again by Conrad). I thought it looked very regal. Onto the Unis!

EnglandHome_zpsytbo9eme.png

EnglandAway_zpsivwotk0d.png

Huge shoutout to MOCKUP ARENA and Scott Springer for the template, I will be using much more of their stuff as the series goes on. Nike is the sponsor, and England being a top competitor, are graced with the newest Mach Speed template. Very classic, very clean, very accidentally similar to the Buffalo Bills. The striping is the key here, even appearing on the socks (THERE WILL BE SOCK STRIPING). The WAFL logo will appear on the left chest for all teams. All white is another look they could do, but WRR would never occur. I'll let you guys try to figure out what the name and number signify later down the road! Lastly, on the collar it says "Queen and Country".

So, what do you all think? I hope I haven't scared some of you off, comments and criticism are always welcome,and suggestions from other Western Conference teams to do next are welcome! 

I like the logo but I feel the blue outlines on the stripes for England is just a bit to much, either take blue out, make the blue thinner, or make the blue contrast better with the red

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Good start so far.

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

Very nice. This will be good.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Jvhn177 said:

Good look for the Lions, are these all country named teams?, on a lighter note I think the league has a built in nickname, "the waffle"

Yes, all teams represent one country. They do not have mascot names, so it would not be "England Lions" rather just "England" maybe nicknamed "The Lions". Hahaha I love it already!

9 hours ago, StaatsBrett said:

Very  good maybe glove disigns as it looks rather  boring 

Thank you for the reminder, fixed em, I'll try to get crazier designs in some of the later ones!

11 hours ago, CodeG said:

I like the logo but I feel the blue outlines on the stripes for England is just a bit to much, either take blue out, make the blue thinner, or make the blue contrast better with the red

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Great start! I agree with everyone else that you should take out blue, but I'd be okay if it stayed. Love "Queen and Country" in the collar.

16 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

This is a good start, I agree with all those blue comments up above. IMO, make the blue contrast, or just take it out completely.

Ask and you shall receive.

EnglandHome1_zpsruxckvhd.pngEnglandAway1_zpspox9uxek.png

V.2 ENGLAND

Presenting the Nebraska Cornhuskers! Er, I mean, England! I tried darkening the blue because I liked it so much, but I really didn't like the result. I think red an white looks pretty clean. What do you all think? What team from the Western Conference should I do next?

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

Ask and you shall receive.

EnglandHome1_zpsruxckvhd.pngEnglandAway1_zpspox9uxek.png

This looks great! So much better without blue. For the US, will you try to do a Wizards-like design (ex. red on top, white stripe on the middle, blue on the bottom)? I think it would look good

ExJworW.png

The two stripes are different widths, seeing as your marketed this as the Cornhuskers, I assume it wasn't intentional. 

Just now, Darknes said:

Let's see the Boys in Green, so Ireland!

Just now, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Do Switzerland please

Ireland it is! I'll tackle Switzerland shortly after, aiming for the next day or two.

Just now, chrisCLEMENT said:

The two stripes are different widths, seeing as your marketed this as the Cornhuskers, I assume it wasn't intentional. 

I wasn't meaning to market this as Anything In Particular. I just thought it was funny that they ended up looking nearly identical. Obviously it wasn't intentional on my part, and I'm looking into fixing it soon, but for now I'm working on Ireland. Thanks for the C&C! 

Archived