2016 USA Men's National Team Olympic basketball jerseys

Delux247

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the men are blue numbers as well but it may be the shine on the material that make it look silver. Something tells me they'll have to change the numbers again if they are silver though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

those "capri" style leggings under the shorts look dumb. I'm hoping that's only an optional uniform element and all the players opt out. 

It's not a uniform element at all, it's simply an accessory that more and more players have been wearing the past 4-5 years. If you watch any basketball game really at any level you will see a large number of the players wearing tights of some sort under their shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

Well the time has finally come, Nike has gone for the Adidasesque shiny finish on their names and numbers. They must now be deemed as "cheap".

Also giving every team the exact same look makes them cheap as well

On 29/6/2016 at 8:27 AM, fkaKrock5cent said:

It seems like Nike is taking a 'less is more' approach with all the Olympic unis and this is no different. I like it, It's a clean look. With all white shoes it should look great on the court.

Yes, the term "clean". Used now to describe everything plain and deprived of design, pattern, and color.

The exact opposite of the whole meaning of this forum. 

If everyone did what Nike now has done with the olympic unis, Chris had to close his website.

So screw you Nike !

15 hours ago, dont care said:

Also giving every team the exact same look makes them cheap as well

Cookie-cutter uniforms emphasize the manufacturer- and that's what really matters. To the manufacturer.

i really like each individual design and the inks used here. USA especially looks good - just 2 colors and the flag on the chest is nice. i dont expect any confusion on court when any teams are playing but when you see all the whites together, they all look like the same team. its pretty disappointing that each team is also in a re-colored version of the same template, save some custom wordmarks. so as a group of uniforms, frankly i expect better from Nike and the Olympics

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 minute ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i really like each individual design and the inks used here. USA especially looks good - just 2 colors and the flag on the chest is nice. i dont expect any confusion on court when any teams are playing but when you see all the whites together, they all look like the same team. its pretty disappointing that each team is also in a re-colored version of the same template, save some custom wordmarks. so as a group of uniforms, frankly i expect better from Nike and the Olympics

I blame the Olympics for this somewhat since they seem to want to remove logos that aren't directly controlled by Olympic committees. That's led to the US women playing with blank uniforms the last two Olympics and a very generic USA this year. US Track & Field have a beautiful logo that never even gets put on uniforms anymore because of this. The best workaround is to create a Games specific log like Great Britain does but most teams just slap a flag on the uniforms and call it a day. The best looking Olympics in my opinion was Atlanta 1996 for all the teams, but for basketball it is those classic Champion uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived