Ring Ceremony Uniforms

ltjets21

I didn't know if there was a thread for this but when did the ring ceremony uniforms start in the MLB and NBA? I noticed there were some gaps as well such as the yankees and the spurs. I also have seen some international soccer teams with gold on their uniforms after a tournament win. Also some old school "World Champions" jerseys such as the 1905 Giants. Feel free to post. 

I'd assume the Giants revived this after they won their first title in San Francisco, but I could be wrong.

As a Dodgers fan, I hate the team, but I love those jerseys.  Same when the Red Sox and Royals did it.  I wouldn't mind seeing a gold-trimmed Dodgers jersey...but the way they're playing, it won't be happening any time soon. :(

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Celtics had gold trimmed uniforms on opening night 2008 and the Red Sox had gold trimmed uniforms for their home openers in 2005 as well as 2014. I do not, however, recall a gold-trimmed uni for the Sox in 2008.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

7 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Phillies had gold trim on their uniforms to start the 2009 season to celebrate their championship, although they didn't wear this for their ring ceremony later that year. 

gold20jersey.jpg

85865258-pitcher-jamie-moyer-and-pitcher

Strange that they wore their alts for such an important event.  

I personally prefer the alternates to the pinstripes, but for things like this you wear your regular uniform.

7 hours ago, Fox said:

Celtics had gold trimmed uniforms on opening night 2008 and the Red Sox had gold trimmed uniforms for their home openers in 2005 as well as 2014. I do not, however, recall a gold-trimmed uni for the Sox in 2008.

Celtics_at_Tip_Off_2008.jpg

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I personally prefer the alternates to the pinstripes, but for things like this you wear your regular uniform.

Phillies have always been pretty cut and dry about what jerseys they wear and when. Only in the past couple of years have they worn their standard pins for Opening Day, even.

I really hope the Cavs don't do this. Just because they would use the black sleeved jerseys. Imagine those jerseys with vegas gold replacing the yellow gold. Terrible.

But adding vegas gold outlines to the home whites would look amazing.

22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Phils always wear the cream alts for day games. That is their regular day uniform (before the red ones came around)

YVRMUBj.png

On 6/28/2016 at 1:41 PM, ltjets21 said:

You can vaguely see the gold outline and trophy on the mavs jersey here. I do not know whether or not they started this tradition in the nba but I believe they did.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.38.41 PM.png

I think this is actually during the Finals though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Phils always wear the cream alts for day games. That is their regular day uniform (before the red ones came around)

Yeah, they even wore it in the playoffs when it fit with the schedule, which brings up a question:

When an "alt" has a designated time to be worn, and that schedule is never deviated from, is it really an alt?  

Now that they wear the pins for opening day, and introduced that pointless red jersey, the point is moot, but how about for those years where the cream uniform was the daytime uniform period?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived