Independent Football Alliance (Hand Drawn) Utah Gray-Cats Posted!

DCarp1231

How about the Toronto Hogs referencing the Hogtown Name

I like the idea behind Pauls, since they could possibly play in St. Paul.

Sacramento, I think Fever or Rush (referencing the California Gold Rush) or do Railers/Steamers going to the beginning of the Transcontinental Railroad

Chicago I'd like to say Columbians possibly referencing the World Fair that took place in Chicago, give's a weird team name for it, or do something with either Mob tones

Winnipeg maybe go with something Ice/Snow related and 

Vancouver, maybe go Cascadians to try to embrace the region or go with something involving the Pacific Northwest Indians..maybe Thunderbirds, Salmon or Shamans

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Darknes said:

Sacramento, I think Fever or Rush (referencing the California Gold Rush) or do Railers/Steamers going to the beginning of the Transcontinental Railroad

Chicago I'd like to say Columbians possibly referencing the World Fair that took place in Chicago, give's a weird team name for it, or do something with either Mob tones

Vancouver, maybe go Cascadians to try to embrace the region or go with something involving the Pacific Northwest Indians..maybe Thunderbirds, Salmon or Shamans

I like the idea for Toronto. I was also thinking Mounties as someone suggested.

I may mess around with the idea of Rush for Sacramento.

For Chicago, maybe Tommies to embrace a mob tone? Or go with 66ers in reference to Route 66 starting in Chicago?

For Winnipeg I was thinking Lakers considering the Province of Manitoba has over 110,000 lakes

For Vancouver, possibly go with Spirits to embrace the Pacific Northwest Natives?

10 hours ago, Darknes said:

I really like the Native American theme for Vancouver, mostly Thunderbirds. I also like the Toronto Hogs as well. 

I have decided to give names to two of the three Canadian Franchises and one of the three American Franchises. They will be:

Canadian:

Winnipeg Lakers

Vancouver Spirits

American:

Sacramento Rush 

That leaves Chicago, Minneapolis, and Toronto without names. I am also looking for a name change for Colorado. Keep the suggestions coming!

You could do the Colorado Sasquatch due to the large amount of bigfoot sightings. Or, if you want to keep the Snow-caps idea, you could do the Pinnacles.  For Toronto, I suggested Beavers and Mounties. Minneapolis, I like Pauls, but I prefer Oxen. Perhaps you could do somethings Buffalo Bills-esk and name them the Pauls with an ox logo. Chicago Dragons references the Chicago Fire. The only problem is that it may draw parallels with the Flames. 

For Chicago, I think the 66ers is good.  For Colorado, maybe the Summits or Peaks.  I like Hogs for Toronto, and maybe Pauls for Minnesota with an ox for a mascot like ~Bear suggested.  For Utah, even though they are already named, you could do a transcontinental railroad think like Darknes suggested since the golden spike was put down in Utah, so maybe Golden Spikes, or the Pacifics, since the companies that built the railroad were the Union Pacific and Central Pacific.

4 hours ago, BengalPumaOcelot said:

For Chicago, I think the 66ers is good.  For Colorado, maybe the Summits or Peaks.  I like Hogs for Toronto, and maybe Pauls for Minnesota with an ox for a mascot like ~Bear suggested.  For Utah, even though they are already named, you could do a transcontinental railroad think like Darknes suggested since the golden spike was put down in Utah, so maybe Golden Spikes, or the Pacifics, since the companies that built the railroad were the Union Pacific and Central Pacific.

If I were to change the name of Utah to reference the railroad, the problem I may come across is the fact that the Maryland Oaks will have a small connection to the B&O Railroad (see Maryland's Crest). But at the same time, it could induce "Battle of the Railroads".

Also, I think I will go with 66ers for Chicago and Pauls for Minnesota.

The original post will be updated to include the Lakers, Spirits, Rush, 66ers, and Pauls.

For Colorado I've gone back and forth in my head for a potential "Snow-Caps" logo. I'd like to go a mountain range of about 3 mountains with a jet streaming across the mountains or a simple fighter jet with snow/ice covering the wings and the nose of the jet.

As far as new logo sets, I will hopefully be completing and posting Dallas-Fort Worth Americans tomorrow.

Before I start working on Dallas-Fort Worth, I would like to go over some potential names for Toronto. I like the suggestions of Hogs. I have come up with two more names. The first is Royals. It is inspired by the Royal Canadian Air Force. One fault about it is it could be compared to the Colorado Snow-Caps. The second is simply calling the team Toronto IFC (Independent Football Club). I feel as this option could work very well and bring something unique to the IFA.

I like the idea. However, I would do IFC for Colorado since your having trouble coming up with a name and you can keep your planned logo design. I like hogs for Toronto. I think IFC should be worked in somewhere. 

I like the primary, and I love the crest. The secondary is ok; and easy fix to make it better is maybe have the different shades and stripe like you do with the A in the primary. Overall, another good job. I encourage you, once your done with them all, to go back and color them. Are you going to go back and do uniforms or just logos?

4 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I like the primary, and I love the crest. The secondary is ok; and easy fix to make it better is maybe have the different shades and stripe like you do with the A in the primary. Overall, another good job. I encourage you, once your done with them all, to go back and color them. Are you going to go back and do uniforms or just logos?

I may go back after I finish up a few more teams and update the secondary. I may attempt to do a soaring eagle. My vision for Dallas-Fort Worth is to be a traditional and simple design. Once all First 12 teams are done I will try to go back and do uniforms. Re-coloring is definitely a possibility too.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

I may go back after I finish up a few more teams and update the secondary. I may attempt to do a soaring eagle. My vision for Dallas-Fort Worth is to be a traditional and simple design. Once all First 12 teams are done I will try to go back and do uniforms. Re-coloring is definitely a possibility too.

Alright. I like the idea of a soaring eagle, and I think the primary is indeed simple yet effective. Looking forward to the next team. 

So with the primary , there is a lot of space that is not being used. It throws the logo off when your eye is drawn to the A, but there's all the other part of Texas that is blank. Next, for the secondary is that supposed to be something in particular, or just the initials in a box? Something you could try is a cattle brand style thing. The third looks very good, but don't make the initials USA , They're not team USA. You should probably make them DFW. Overall you should be encouraged , keep up the good work these look very good for handrawn .

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

So with the primary , there is a lot of space that is not being used. It throws the logo off when your eye is drawn to the A, but there's all the other part of Texas that is blank. Next, for the secondary is that supposed to be something in particular, or just the initials in a box? Something you could try is a cattle brand style thing. The third looks very good, but don't make the initials USA , They're not team USA. You should probably make them DFW. Overall you should be encouraged , keep up the good work these look very good for handrawn .

Thanks for the feedback! I went back and changed "USA" to "DFW" on the crest and I am also working on a new secondary (right). I am stumped on where to go next with the secondary. Any suggestions?

20160706_101022_zpsuml2f4tj.jpg

I like the secondary and crest, but the primary is way too simple. I was secretly hoping that you would draw a lynx, but if you don't want to go that route, at least make a slicing paw or something. 

Archived